nds-bootstrap is an application that allows the usage of Nintendo DS/DSi Homebrew and ROMs through the SD card of the Nintendo DSi/3DS, rather than through emulators or flashcarts.
In order to use this, you'll need to get a frontend:
- TWiLight Menu++ (recommended) is an open-source DSi Menu upgrade/replacement for DS/DSi/3DS.
- TWLoader is a discontinued 3DS frontend.
- nds-hb-menu is a 3DS frontend based off the Nintendo DSi homebrew menu.
- Download the .7z file.
- Extract both .nds files, to sd:/_nds.
- Extract the .ver file to sd:/_nds/TWiLightMenu.
Credits: ahezard, Gericom, Apache Thunder, RocketRobz, _catcatcat, shutterbug2000, damianoamatruda, and arraystock.
Que novedades incluye la versión 0.30.1
- DSi: Bothered by seeing white lines over your screens when pressing POWER, soft-resetting, or exiting back to TWLMenu++?
- nds-bootstrap will instead now instantly make both screens white, where the white lines are now less visible!
- When soft-resetting, the nds-bootstrap logo will now not be shown, if saving FAT table cache is turned off.
- This does not apply to forced soft-resets.
- Fixed some games triggering a forced reboot when holding L+R+START+SELECT, such as MegaMan Zero Collection.
- Instead, you can now force a soft-reset by holding L+R+START+SELECT for 2 seconds, for games that don't reset with that button combo.
- In hopes of fixing corruption bug for SD cards above 32GB, NDMA is no longer used for reading the existing FAT table cache.
What's new?/Bug fix
- After 2 long years, proper soft-reset implementation has finally come!
- Access Minigames in NSMB, Battle Mode in Bomberman 2, London Life in Professor Layton and the Specter, and more!
- Other soft-reset events, such as exiting WiFi settings, as well as returning to title screen, have been fixed.
- An external soft-reset backend ID can be read at sd:/_nds/nds-bootstrap/srBackendId.bin, whenever a soft-reset event triggers. It contains the 8-byte TID that can be found in DSiWare-type titles, at 0x230.
- This is added by any forwarder for 3DS consoles.
- 3DS: Chances of resetting or returning to TWLMenu++ failing, has been lowered.
- If you're an O3DS user, chances are the same as before.
- DSi: HiyaCFW is no longer required to reset your game.
- Fixed Infinite Space not booting.
- B4DS: Fixed Plants vs Zombies not booting.
- Wii connectivity with Gen 4 Pokémon titles still doesn't work.
- This bug is not related to soft-reset.
- Fixed a long-standing bug where E-type cheats wouldn't work, as well as making a game not start!
- (Special thanks to @ahezard!)
- Fixed FAT table cache still being created and/or read, even when turned off.
- The E type still doesn't work 100%.
- Fixed a regression bug that broke Pokemon Black 2/White 2, and some other SDK5 THUMB games.
- Add option to read/write FAT table cache.
- Setting: CACHE_FAT_TABLE, default: 0 (Off)
- Added support for a bit more DSi-Enhanced games, such as Daniel X: The UItimate Power! (Untested)
- Reverted FAT table cache size to 512KB. This should fix issues with some files in the ROM not being read.
- B4DS: Increase game compatibility by using the DS Memory Expansion Pak!
- This makes some games such as FabStyle, Pokemon B/W 1&2, Pokemon Conquest, Professor Layton 3 and 4, and Transformers Prime, work in B4DS, as well as applying AP fixes to overlay areas.
- DSi: The DMA ROM read LED can now be changed separate from the regular ROM read LED.
- hb: Added RAM disk templates for SMS and GG ROMs.
- Loading speeds have once again been improved.
- In some instances, it's faster than regular cart speeds!
- More DMA card read improvements!
- cardSetDma is now patched, instead of cardReadDma.
- Wario: Master of Disguise now boots!
- Tony Hawk's American Sk8land no longer crashes randomly.
- Fixed compatibility for Tetris DS (Korea).
- Fixed top screen going black for non .nds files.
- B4DS: The log file is now made, when logging is enabled.
- libeasysave is now used for reading nds-bootstrap.ini.
- As a result, files with ; in it's name, will now work.
- Added support for Nintendo DS Browser, by emulating the Memory Expansion Pak, using the extra RAM of the DSi or 3DS!
- Before the game boots, a message is now shown, when creating a RAM dump or FAT table file, if not created already.
- Fixed .nds only being replaced for the .bin filenames.
- DSi: Removed ROM loading into RAM, for SDK5/TWLSDK games, as they were broken in the last release.
- DSi: If the overlay size exceeds the RAM size, they are no longer loaded into RAM, before game boot.
- Fixes Lunar Knights.
In Nintendo DS Browser, sleep mode does not work, and attempting to enter sleep mode will power on/off the screens in a loop.
- Now confirmed working on CycloDS iEvolution, with DSi mode set in CycloDSi settings!
- You can also run DSi-Enhanced games in DS mode, without switching back to DSL mode in CycloDSi settings.
- DLDI driver is no longer re-inited, when booting a game.
- This should fix support for Acekard 2i.
- DSi/3DS SD card: You can now dump the RAM!
- To do so, hold L+R+DOWN+A for 2 seconds. The sound (and maybe game) will pause during dumping.
- The dump will be at sd:/_nds/nds-bootstrap/.
- The cardEngine arm7 binary is now loaded in main RAM for DSiWarehax users running SDK5/TWLSDK games.
- Improves chances of SDK5 games booting.