nds-bootstrap is an application that allows the usage of Nintendo DS/DSi Homebrew and ROMs through the SD card of the Nintendo DSi/3DS, rather than through emulators or flashcarts.
In order to use this, you'll need to get a frontend:
- TWiLight Menu++ (recommended) is an open-source DSi Menu upgrade/replacement for DS/DSi/3DS.
- TWLoader is a discontinued 3DS frontend.
- nds-hb-menu is a 3DS frontend based off the Nintendo DSi homebrew menu.
nds-bootstrap supports most DS ROMs, with a few exceptions. You can enhance your gaming experience with cheats and faster load times than general cartridges (for games that support those features). Game saving is supported too and will be saved in the .sav extention.
Anti-Piracy patches can be loaded via IPS files, but they are not included inside the software itself.
nds-bootstrap also supports many homebrew applications, including games like DSCraft.
B4DS (nds-bootstrap for DS-mode flashcards) only supports some DS ROMs. You can increase compatibility, by inserting a DS Memory Expansion Pak.
- Download the .7z file.
- Extract both .nds files, to sd:/_nds.
- Extract the .ver file to sd:/_nds/TWiLightMenu.
Credits: ahezard, Gericom, Apache Thunder, RocketRobz, _catcatcat, shutterbug2000, damianoamatruda, and arraystock.
Que novedades incluye la versión 0.39.1
- (@Epicpkmn11 and various) The in-game menu now has translations!
Fixed a bug where Fossil Fighters Champions wouldn't boot.
- NOTE: Due to an AP-related issue, it will not boot in DS⁽ⁱ⁾ mode.
- Fixed Final Fantasy III crashing when attempting to play the intro movie.
- Fixed screen flicker in Sonic Rush Adventure and Sonic Colors during streamed music (ex. Opening intro).
- Fixed bug in Hotel Dusk: Room 215, where black and green lines would appear. There will now be minimal to no lines.
- Fixed slowdown in the title screens of Pokemon Black Version 2 and Pokemon White Version 2, when running in DS mode.
- A card read DMA alternative has been implemented to Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games.
- (@Epicpkmn11) Optimized .ini file reader, so the nds-bootstrap .nds file is now cut in almost half!