TWiLight Menu++ is an open-source DSi Menu upgrade/replacement for the Nintendo DSi, the Nintendo 3DS, and Nintendo DS flashcards.
It can launch Nintendo DS, SNES, NES, GameBoy (color), GameBoy Advance, Sega GameGear/Master System & Mega Drive/Genesis ROMs, as well as DSTWO plugins (if you use a DSTWO) and .rvid videos using RocketVideo Technology.
- ahezard: nds-bootstrap
- Apache Thunder: Providing the Miku theme (not made by him) for Acekard theme.
- Vulpes-Vulpeos: DSiMenu++ logo (v4.3.0-v6.2.1, and for the launcher, after v1.0.0), and MHGen theme for Acekard theme.
- Joom: Original TWLoader logo.
- Another World and Yellow Wood Goblin: The original akMenu/Wood UI.
- chyyran: Port of akMenu/Wood UI to TWLMenu++ as a theme.
- Robz8: Lead Developer, implementing the auto-reset power button function used in NTR-mode, and LED functions, to nds-bootstrap.
- shutterbug2000: For the muted sound/touchscreen fix for nds-bootstrap.
- spinal_cord: DSi4DS and DSision2 graphics.
- devkitPro: Some code used in nds-hb-menu.
Que novedades incluye la versión 13.1.0
- The Atari 2600 comes to TWLMenu Virtual Console!
- ROMs are launched via StellaDS (by Alekmaul), and the filetype is .a26.
- DSi: Added Unlaunch as a Slot-1 Launch method.
- With this method, you can now boot DSi-Enhanced cartridges (except for a few) in DSi mode, as well as DSi Exclusives!
- More AP-fixes added!
- -Pokémon HeartGold & SoulSilver (USA/Europe) (Randomized)
- -Pokémon Black & White Version (USA/Europe/Korea) (Randomized)
- -Pokémon Black & White Version 2 (USA/Europe/Japan/Korea) (Randomized)
- -Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors (Spanish and Italian translations) (from RetroGameFan)
- (@Epicpkmn11) DSi/3DS/Saturn/R4 themes: Added deselect all cheats with L.
- (malekairmaroc7) Added German translation of the DSi/3DS/Saturn themes.
- Improved TWLCFG check, for in case if it's overwritten in RAM.
- These games now work with auto heap shrink:
- -007: Quantum of Solace
- -Transformers: War for Cybertron: Autobots
- -Transformers: War for Cybertron: Decepticons
- Fixed Guru error when booted via Memory Pit.
- Fixed DSiWare detection by checking unit code in the ROM as well.
- Fixes support for some New Super Mario Bros. ROM hacks.
- Tried to fix Slot-1 launching code.
- When using Unlaunch as a Slot-1 Launch method, the game won't always boot, so keep trying if it fails.
- TWL (DSi-Enhanced) cartridges now boot (but only in DS mode for now)!
- If there's an existing soft-reset parameter file on the SD card, when launching TWiLight Menu++, the last-launched DS(i) game will boot with the existing parameters.
- Early (but not all) SDK2 games, as well as a few SDK3-4 games, will now no longer show the heap shrink option!
- The DS Classic Menu now indicates you can press B to go back to the ROM menu.
- (RetroGameFan) Fixed AP-fix files for Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Echoes of Time.
- Added AP-fix for:
- -Chrono Trigger (SPA)
- -Megaman Battle Network: Operate Star Force (ENG)
- -Nora to Toki no Koubou: Kiri no Mori no Majo (CHN)
- -Puyo Puyo!! 20th Anniversary (ENG)
- (gamemasterplc) Added widescreen support for B-17 - Fortress in the Sky (USA).
- Added Chinese and Korean per-game language options.
- User settings are now read from TWLCFG, if found!
- Added other languages for the DSi splash screen, as well as the iQue DSi splash screen for the Chinese language!
- DS mode flashcard users will still show the regular DSi splash.
- 3DS/2DS console is now found by checking the NAND, instead of the Nintendo 3DS folder on the SD card.
- (@R-YaTian) DS Classic Menu: CHN and KOR Pictochat and DLP are now copied from NAND.
- Fixed CHN and KOR Pictochat and DLP showing error.
- If you are using DSiWarehax (e.g. sudokuhax, Memory Pit, etc.) to run TWiLight Menu++ and nds-bootstrap, you can now set what DSiWare exploit you're using, alongside the region, in TWLMenu++ Settings.
- This allows nds-bootstrap to soft-reset, or exit out, when using DSiWarehax.
- Added nds-bootstrap options Expand ROM space in RAM and Cache block size, to Games/Apps settings page.
- NOTE: For Expand ROM space in RAM, the +512KB option will break Download Play functionality, even for games that don't use cloneboot.
- Added option in the GBARunner2 settings page, to simulate GBA colors.
- When running on CycloDSi iEvolution in DSi mode, the console will now reboot, if FAT init gets stuck in a loop.
- If the DS(i) ROM banner text isn't found for the user-set language, it'll now fall back to the previous one from the user's, and further, if that isn't found.
- Fixes banner display for Minna no Mahjong DS, for non-Japanese users.
- DS Classic Menu: Fixed Pictochat and DLP not being copied from the NAND at all.
- DS Classic Menu: Fixed DLPlay copy from NAND, overwriting Pictochat on SD.
- Attempted to fix IR breaking after accessing DS Classic Menu. (Not tested!)
- The Nintendo DS Browser now doesn't work from cartridge.
- DSi, DS Classic Menu: Pictochat and/or DLP is now copied from the NAND, if they're not found on the SD card.
- Removed unused code related to per-game soft-reset.
- If WiFi LED is set to on, resetting a game will now turn it back on, due to Unlaunch v2.0 turning it off.
These games now work with Heap Shrink set to Auto:
- Luminous Arc
- Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time and Darkness
- Stitch Jam
- Added option to set Game Title Language.
- Widescreen can now be used for homebrew, if it supports it.
- Widescreen can now be set per-game!
- Added AP fixes for Chinese translations of Ni no Kuni and GTA Chinatown Wars.
- DSi: Added resetgame.srldr, needed by mentioned nds-bootstrap version to reset games.
- (@Epicpkmn11) Correctly load photos less than 208 x 156.
- gamesettings folder is now created, if it doesn't exist.
- Acekard theme: Fixed AP message appearing when .ips file exists. (Not fully tested)
- Settings: Shortened SELECT button option text.
- Fixed exiting SELECT menu making DS Classic Menu appear.
- The SELECT menu returns! You can enable it in TWLMenu++ Settings.
- DS Classic Menu: Pressing X will now exit TWiLight Menu++.
- Added option to save or not save the FAT table cache by nds-bootstrap.
- Improves commercial/retail ROM boot time, when saved.
- Improvement (Flashcard users)
- The wait time before the DS(i) splash is shown, is cut short.
- Fixed last-launched game/video not starting, when enabled in TWLMenu++ Settings.
- Fixed created size of DSiWare save file(s).
- (@Epicpkmn11) Don't freeze on invalid UTF-8 characters.
- Settings: The SELECT button and respective option text are overlapped.
- DSi: Added option to switch between Unlaunch and nds-bootstrap for DSiWare booting.
- (@Epicpkmn11) Use actual image size instead of preset sizes for box art.
- DSi/3DS/Saturn theme: The Quick Menu has become the DS Classic Menu, replacing the SELECT Menu, and shows whatever is inserted in Slot-1 on the top, as well as the last-launched ROM being on the bottom, instead of GBARunner2, and the Manual icon replacing the yellow arrow.
- If you're on a flashcard, then the last-launched ROM will be on the top as always, and GBA mode will be shown on the bottom.
- The DS Classic Menu can be accessed by pressing SELECT, and can be exited by pressing B.
- To switch between SD and flashcard (if compatible with direct access), hold SELECT+UP/DOWN.
- New AP fixes (from RetroGameFan) added!
- -Digimon Story: Lost Evolution (English translation)
- -Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Ring of Fates (USA/Europe)
- -Fire Emblem: Shin Monshou no Nazo Hikari to Kage no Eiyuu (v3.01 English translation)
- -Fire Emblem: Shin Monshou no Nazo Hikari to Kage no Eiyuu (Chinese translation)
- -Jjangguneun Monmallyeo: Won Peulleoseu Won!: Shock Seong Land Daegyeoljeon!! (Korea)
- -Kirby: Mass Attack (USA/Europe)/Atsumete! Kirby (Japan)/Moyeora! Kirby (Korea)
- -Lupin Sansei: Shijou Saidai no Zunousen (English and Italian translations)
- -Magic Cheongkeuwa Mabeobui Seong (Korea)
- -Makeup Princess 2: Princess Life (Korea)
- -Naruto Jilpungjeon: Insuljeongae! Cha-Crash!! (Korea)
- -Tomodachi Collection (Japan) (Rev 0/1) (Fixed by me, to work on nds-bootstrap)
- -Tomodachi Collection (Rev 1) (English translation)
- A brand new splash screen for TWiLight Menu++ is now in use!
- It consists of neon bars moving, which later form the letters to the app's logo (like in MegaMan X and MegaMan Zero).
- As a Valentine's Day bonus, the BG will be in a different color than the regular blue!
- The DS splash bell jingle has been added, and will play on your birthday.
- (@NightYoshi370) Manual: A new cheats page, with a tutorial to make your own.
- The console select screen on first boot, is now only shown on flashcards running in DSi mode.
- (@Epicpkmn11) Added proper UTF-8 handling.
- .mp4 files are now shown, and are played with @Gericom's MPEG4Player (included)!
- Instructions to convert video files are in the linked thread.
- (@Epicpkmn11) Acekard theme: You can now hide files.
- (@Epicpkmn11) Hidden Files now use FAT file attributes and no longer loads hidden file information from a .ini file.
- DSi/3DS: Added option to switch between the SD Card and microSD Card text.
- DSi: The DMA ROM read LED can now be changed separate from the regular ROM read LED.
- Lots of save sizes are now implemented and used, when creating a new .sav file.
- (@NightYoshi370) Themes can now be set for the DS Classic Menu.
- (@NightYoshi370) To cut down on file size, most .bmp files have been converted to .png files, and both converted and existing ones have been optimized using tinypng.
- The new splash screen also cuts down on file size.
- Existing photos for the DSi theme (sd:/_nds/TWiLightMenu/dsimenu/photos/) also need to be converted to .png.
- The codebase is more organized, less repeats.
- Extended the DSi binaries missing message.
- SEGA Saturn theme: Fixed text placement.
- The font from the original DS menu, is now used in the DS Classic Menu.
- (@Epicpkmn11) Improved sorting options.
- Removed the powered by nds-bootstrap text, as nds-bootstrap only runs the DS games (and old homebrew) from the SD card (or flashcard, if using B4DS).
- The cartridge of Golden Sun: Dark Dawn can now be launched.
- When launching GBA ROM on flashcard, use DSi/3DS build of GBARunner2, if DSi mode is detected.
- You can no longer delete or hide the Back/.. folder.
- (@NightYoshi370) Per-game settings now affects flashcards in the Acekard theme.
- DSi/3DS/Saturn/R4 theme: Fixed per-game settings not showing for homebrew, if nds-bootstrap (B4DS) is disabled.
- (@NightYoshi370) Acekard theme: Writing to R4iSDHC's last save is now supported.
- Chessmaster, Need for Speed: ProStreet, Suikoden: Tierkreis, and Tony Hawk's American Sk8land now work with auto heap shrink.
- For some reason, the inserted game card's banner icon and text isn't shown on 3DS consoles.
- GBA ROMs are now shown in the ROM list, and are launched via GBARunner2.
- DSi: Added option to toggle the WiFi LED.
- DSi/3DS: Fixed box art being loaded from memory, even when set not to.
- R4 theme: Fixed some messages not disappearing, when A is pressed.
- DSi/3DS: These games now work with auto heap shrink
- Ace Attorney Investigations: Miles Edgeworth
- Advance Wars: Dual Strike
- Giana Sisters (EUR)
- Transformers: Autobots
- Transformers: Decepticons
- Added support for Nintendo DS Browser, by emulating the Memory Expansion Pak, using the extra RAM of the DSi or 3DS!
- Works with both the ROM (via nds-bootstrap), and the physical cartridge.
- GBARunner2 has been updated to this build.
- The DSi and 3DS versions of GBARunner2 now load on CycloDS iEvolution.
- DSi/3DS: Added option to enable/disable box art caching to RAM.
- Added an AP-patch for randomized Pokemon Black (USA/Europe) ROMs.
- Fixed .nds only being replaced for the .sav filename.
- Re-added BOOT.NDS for flashcards, from a previous version (with a minor adjustment), and renamed the newer one for CycloDS iEvolution users.
- Should now work on some flashcards that weren't able to boot it before.
- Settings: ROM read LED option is no longer shown on CycloDS iEvolution.
- Fixed banner not being shown for .srl files.
Known bug (DSi only?)
- In Nintendo DS Browser, sleep mode does not work, and attempting to enter sleep mode will power on/off the screens in a loop.
You no longer need to manually turn off heap shrink for these games:
- Chuukana Janshi Tenhoo Painyan Remix
- Idol Janshi Suchi-Pai III Remix
- MegaMan ZX Advent
- Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors
- Sonic Rush
- Ultimate Spider-Man
- Support for CycloDS iEvolution in DSi mode has been added, and is confirmed working this time!
- NOTE: This does not mean that you can access the microSD contents straight from TWLMenu++ on the SD card.
- Now checks if the DSi binaries exist in a DSi-Enhanced ROM, when launching it in DSi mode.
- If they're not found, a message will show, saying to run it in DS mode.
- Acekard theme: The Cannot run this on 3DS. message has been removed, when launching DSiWare.
- 2nd Anniversary is over!
- You can now touch the screen to skip the TWLMenu++ splash, when it plays.
- Heap shrink is no longer shown for SDK5/TWLSDK games, as the option is not read for those games.
- (It is still shown for B4DS users, and the Acekard theme.)
- Other minor adjustments have been made to enhance the user experience.
- On CycloDS iEvolution in DSi mode, it will sometimes crash after the DSi or TWLMenu++ splash, or just white screens, if both are disabled.