modoru means "to go back" in Japanese and is a downgrader for the PS Vita™.
- Your device must already run HENkaku/h-encore on firmwares 3.60-3.68 in order to use this software. Firmwares 3.69 and 3.70 can use this software once a new hack is released.
- Your device's battery has be at least at 50%.
- All your plugins must be disabled, therefore you will not be able to launch the downgrader from a SD2VITA and hence, you must have a Memory Card (or Internal Storage).
- If you have installed IMCUnlock by SKGleba, it is recommended to uninstall it first before attempting to downgrade.
- Download and install modoru.vpk using VitaShell.
- Obtain the PSP2UPDAT.PUP file of your desired firmware (make sure that this firmware is officially hackable) and place it at ux0:app/MODORU000/PSP2UPDAT.PUP (don't install modoru.vpk afterwards, otherwise the update file will be removed).
- Disable all your plugins. Easiest way is renaming ux0:tai and ur0:tai to some other name.
- Reboot your device and relaunch HENkaku/h-encore.
- Launch the modoru application and follow the instructions on screen.
- Enjoy the installation and welcome to your favourite firmware.
- Q: Where can I find and download firmwares?
- A: Here is a nice collection by darthsternie: PS Vita Firmwares. Make sure you download the firmware from the Complete Official Firmwares section.
- Q: There are 3 different PUP files in the archive, which one do I need?
- A: There are packages with (pre), (systemdata) and (full). You should choose the full one.
- Q: Can I downgrade my 3.69/3.70 device using this tool?
- A: Yes, but not yet. You'll need to wait until the next exploit chain is released.
- Q: My factory firmware is higher than 3.65 and modoru doesn't allow me to downgrade to 3.60/3.65.
- A: Unfortunately, there are some devices with factory firmware above 3.65. These cannot be downgraded (yet). This means no bootloader hack for you.
- Q: Can I downgrade my device to 3.60/3.65 and then install ensō?
- A: Yes, that's the main goal of this tool.
- Q: Can I downgrade my testkit/devkit?
- A: It has not been tested yet, but you can very likely do it. You should even be able to go lower than firmware 1.692, which is officially inhibited.
- Q: How low can I downgrade?
- A: You can go down to your factory firmware (this is highlighted in yellow within modoru).
- Q: Can I use this tool to update or reinstall my firmware?
- A: Yes, you can downgrade, update or reinstall any firmware using this tool.
- Q: Is there a chance of bricking?
- A: Not likely, since this application is using the official updater and only makes a few harmless patches to bypass some checks.