SX OS is our revolutionary Custom Firmware for Nintendo Switch.
Works On (Almost) Every Switch
SX OS Works with every Nintendo Switch console released before June 2018 out there. On every firmware version! If in doubt, please check here if your switch is compatible.
Play All Games!
With SX OS you can play all your favorite games straight off of the microSD card inserted into your Nintendo Switch.
Homebrew Games & Apps
Using SX OS homebrew menu launcher you can enjoy all the quality games and software by independent developers.
We're actively working to bring more exciting functionality to SX OS. Customers are eligible for free lifetime support and updates.
Using the SX OS Launcher you can easily boot into the normal Nintendo Switch firmware to enjoy your original games.
Que novedades incluye la versión 2.9.5 beta
Full support for firmware 10.0(.1)
- The latest and greatest firmware is fully supported now. This includes compatibility with the minor update released this week (10.0.1)!
Local Multiplayer over the internet (LAN play) updated.
- Local Multiplayer over the internet (LAN play) has gotten some stability improvements. This should help with newer games like Animal Crossing. Please keep in mind to use appropriate MTU/PMTU settings, as some games are very picky about the introduced latency when playing over the internet.
Support for chinese gamecart images.
- We have added support for playing backups of chinese gamecart (XCI) images. The switch released in Mainland China only has very few cartridges available at the moment, but this groundwork has also been made so we can support playing western games on chinese switches that soon will be able to run SX OS using our new SX Core/Lite product family!
- Compatibility with firmware 9.2.0
- Compatibility with firmware 9.1.0
- Compatibility with game titles that use newer encryption
The local multiplayer on the Internet (LAN playback) is working again.
- Somewhere we have introduced a regression in functionality causing the disruption of local and / or desynchronized multiplayer emulation with the current lan-play implementation. This issue has been addressed and should work properly again.
Extended stealth mode
- Recently, it was brought to our attention that there were claims circulating about the stealth mode malfunction on SX OS v2.9 +. We have investigated these allegations and are happy to let you know that this is completely false. The stealth / stealth mode behaved in exactly the same way as it always did. Nevertheless, we took advantage of this feedback and rumor to further reinforce the stealthiness of the information. From now on, you will not be able to start the eShop application if you have activated the stealth mode. In addition, all error reports and telemetry have been sterilized. This means that the errors that are generated when using SX OS and that could make you "notice" will no longer be queued, and when you start on OFW either!
Improved compatibility of XCI games
- In our last update, we already discussed compatibility issues with recompressed XCI images, but some XCI files were still not readable. We have investigated this problem and it turns out that there are some tools (old versions of 'NSC Builder' for example) that generate false metadata for the 'Gamecard Info' (encrypted) that are part of the XCI header. Our gamecart emulation now detects these bad images and corrects them. If you want your XCI images to stand the test of time, pay attention to the post-processing you apply to XCI files, we can not clean up indefinitely after other people's mistakes!
Restarting SX OS
- If you select "restart" now in the power options menu, you will actually restart in SX OS. There is no need to charge your SX Pro dongle or send a payload from your computer. In addition, if you make a mistake, you can also restart SX OS by simply pressing the power button.