XMB Menu for PS3 from DeViL303.
Ultimate Toolbox Features
- Reload XMB (Optional built in pkg)
- Soft Reboot - Reboot lv2
- Hard Reboot - Fully reboot the hardware
- Reboot into a database rebuild
- Reboot into a filesystem check
- Reboot into Recovery mode
- Boot into OtherOS (Optional built in pkg)
- System Backup Utility - Take a complete snap shot of dev_flash2 and dev_hdd0
- Home Folder Backup - Backup user files like licenses and savedata
- Boot Plugins Backup - Backup/restore plugin configuration
- xRegistry Save States - Backup/restore system configuration
- Firmware Save States - Backup.Restore complete dev_flash
- Dump Tools - cfw settings items originally by mysis
- Browse and delete from all active drives
- Browse and delete from hard disk partition 0 (dev_hdd0)
- Browse and delete from hard disk partition 1 (dev_hdd1)
- Browse and delete from USB Storage Devices (dev_usb00*)
- Browse and delete from memory card devices (dev_ms, dev_sd, dev_cf)
- Browse and delete from optical discs (dev_bdvd, dev_ps2disc)
- Browse and delete from Internal flash partitions (dev_flash, dev_flash2, dev_flash3, dev_blind, dev_rewrite)
- Toggle dev_blind - Enable/Disable write access to dev_flash
- Toggle All Plugins - Enable/Disable boot_plugins.txt files
- Toggle Power Options - A few options for power cycling in the user category
- Package Manager Options - Enable/Disable/Upgrade package manager
- App Home Options - Enable/Disable/Move the app_home XMB item
- Toggle Xil Apps - Enable/Disable XMB links like photo gallery, singstar etc
- Block Firmware Updates - Block online updates or block system update icon completely (recovery mode untouched)
- Game Sorting Options - Add ability to sort by name and or date created
- Toggle Extended Download Plugin - Add extra download paths to the web browser
- Toggle Audio To Headset - libaudio.sprx patch for forcing all audio to usb or bluetooth devices
- Allow extended Coldboot Audio - Enable start up sounds up to 20 seconds to play fully.
- Show IP on XMB - Options for showing the console IP address on the XMB
- HEN Options - Ability to enable HEN, install a HEN enabler to the game category for 4.84, 4.85, 4.86, 4.87 HFW.
- Cobra options - Enable/Disable Cobra, or swap between standard and debug payloads (user must supply payloads)
- PS2 Netemu Selector - Choose from several modified ps2_netemu.self files
- PS1 Demo Disc Downloader - 33 PS1 demos available
- PS2 Demo Disc Downloader - 11 PS2 demos available
- PS3 Demo PKG Downloader - Over 500 c00 demos available
- Playstation Magazine Downloader - 40 issues available
- Playstation Podcast Downloader - 100 Episodes available
- PS3UPDAT.PUP Downloader - 10 PUPs available
Package Manager Pro
- My Package Files - Shows packages from all locations
- Install Package Files - Normal options and webserver, downloads folder
- Delete Package Files - normal options and some new ones
- Downloaded Content - Manage content bubbles here
- Themes - About 1000 themes available for download
- Wallpapers - Over 2000 wallpapers available for download
- Coldboot Logos - Over 400 coldboot logos built in and more options
- Coldboot sounds - 32 coldboot sounds and more options.
- Background Wave Options - 400 wave options available
- System Font options - over 100 font available
- Gaia Visualization Options - 90 options available
- Canyon Visualization Options - Force 57 presets
- Gameboot Options - enable official gameboot or install multi gameboot mod
- Screensaver Options - stream or download mp4 screensaver videos
- Impose Screen Options - 28 different impose mods available
- Blur effect Options - Enable/Disable/Change the blur effect when in xmb folders
- XMB Icon Effects - 12 different effects for main XMB icons
- PSN Icons Color - Choose between blue or red PSN icons
- Overall XMB Size - Change main icon size to 70%, 80%, 90%, 100%, 110%, 120%, 130%
- Upgrade system Icons - Install higher resolution set of emojis and buttons
- Pixel Art Viewer - 5 pixel art examples
Built In Apps
- Built in app installer - 10 apps available that install inside the toolbox menu instead of normal locations.
- You can add your apps here by changing the apps category to HM in it's PARAM.SFO then booting the app once and exiting it.
Ultimate Toolbox Setup
- Toolbox Components - Hide Show toolbox sections
- Manage Addon Modules - Download or Remove optional resources
- webMAN MOD resources - Install or remove wmm resources in dev_hdd0/tmp/
- Change Toolbox Language - Work in progress - Only English available at release but has support for changing between 21 languages if they become available.
- About Ultimate Toolbox - Update link, Uninstall options and donation links/QR codes.
- Reinstall Ultimate Toolbox Plugin - This item needs to be ran once after any CFW reinstall. This patches flash with the required files.
- This has been tested on Rebug, Evilnat and Ferrox and on 4.87.1 HFW with the latest HEN.
- There are a few items that are for CFW only, these options are labelled with flashing symbols warning to not use them on HEN.
- If anyone wants to release a language translation add on, look in the dev_hdd0/ULTOOLBOX/USRDIR/language_packs/English/ folder, there are approx 7MB of xmls in there that would need translating. It's a fairly big job, I will release a pkg template for installing extra languages if anyone wants it.
- If you are on HEN, after install you need to go into Firmware Settings > HEN Options and choose to promote the HEN enabler for your HFW version to the root of game. You can also enable HEN from there if required.
- There is a link to Evilnat 4.87.3 included in the PUP downloader section, for now this links to Evilnat 4.87.2, when the PUP is available the file will be updated server side.
- There could be bugs in this software so use it at your own risk.
- After initial install it will change your PSN icons color to blue, you can change this to red inside the visual customization menu if you want to.
This should work on any recent CFW that has support for XMBM, by that I mean any recent CFW that has this query in category_game.xml. If your firmware does not have this query you can add support by simply adding it to your own xml.
<Query class="type:x-xmb/folder-pixmap" key="game_xmbm_hdd0" src="xmb://localhost/dev_hdd0/game/XMBMANPLS/USRDIR/game_main.xml#seg_xmb_hdd0_app" />
Some extra info on this XMB Mod for those interested.
You will notice when you first install it there is a "Run this once now to install the required plugin" item at the top of the menu. Like the title suggests this should be ran once to install the required files to flash. This is placed here so that its not missed by anyone as its very important this is ran after initial install.
This installer application installs these vital files to dev_flash:
- xai_plugin.sprx (used for dump tools, installed incase it does not exist on the system)
- xai_plugin.rco - dummy rco
- videodownloader_plugin.sprx (extended xai_plugin required for all copy operations)
- videodownloader_plugin.rco (dummy rco)
- category_psn.xml (installed to stop category HM apps from showing in the PSN category)
- downloader_plugin.sprx (I added this due to the fact that Evilnat 4.87.2 CFW seems to be missing a patch to this file)
So that's all fairly simple, run this once and files install and once the console comes back to the XMB. You will notice that its not there anymore at the top of the menu, now it has moved into the Ultimate Toolbox Setup menu and now it has a different name "Reinstall Ultimate Plugin". This is put there in case you need it later.
The reason this is included here is for the situation where you have updated or reinstalled your CFW, this will lead to the files on flash being removed, so if you install or update CFW, remember you need to run this again once to reinstall the required files to flash.
Uninstalling Ultimate Toolbox: If you want to remove the Toolbox from your system for any reason you can press triangle on this icon and select "Delete", after a reboot the Toolbox will be uninstalled.
Important Note: If you forget/fail to run this application initially after first installing the toolbox, OR after a CFW reinstall/update, you will get kicked to recovery and see this screen if you try to use most features, do not worry, this is not a soft brick. Just press the PS button once and the system will reboot back onto the XMB. Then you can run the "Reinstall Ultimate Plugin" app and everything will be working again. This happens due to the fact you are trying to call a plugin that does not exist.
Que novedades incluye la versión 2.00
- New folder structure and new content ID, Ultimate Toolbox now installs to dev_hdd0/game/ULTOOLBOX/, it also replaces the category_game.xmls. If you do not want your category_game.xml replaced, do not use this mod.
- After install all PSN icons will be blue like OFW, Icon color can be changed to red inside the visual customization menu.
- Now if you reinstall CFW after installing the toolbox, it will be fully disabled until you reinstall the Ultimate Toolbox support files
- New dynamic behaviour added: If you update your CFW after installing this Toolbox, it will disappear and and a new icon will appear with ability to reinstall the required support files to flash. This stops people using the options when the plugin does not exist
- Added ability to force 39 background colors, 12 official day colors, 12 official night colors plus black/white and an extra 15 "enhanced" custom backgrounds
- Added ability to install packs of lines.qrc, canyon.qrc, coldboot*.ac3s to dev_hdd0/tmp/ for use with webMAN MODs new randomization features.
- Ability to download a wallpaper pack to dev_hdd0/tmp/wallpaper/ for use with webMAN MODs new randomization features.
- Added new webMAN MOD menus for choosing remaps and random remaps where applicable (gaia, canyon, lines, ac3, wallpapers)
- The upgraded imagefont toggle now installs an imagefont.bin that supports the new 36 color Pixel Art Editor and 250+ tags.
- Added Firmware downloader options with choice of 9 of the latest CFW PUPs downloadable to correct locations on USB or HDD
- Added a toggle for a "Send all audio to headset" patch in Firmware settings
- Added toggle for "Allow coldboot audio up to 20 seconds" *Note: This option disables the Multi Gameboot MOD animations
- Package manager and app home can not be enabled or disabled
- boot_plugins.txt backup and restore options now also backs up and restores the nocobra and dex txt files
- boot_plugins.txt toggler now also toggles the nocobra and dex txt files.
- Visualization menus now not as deep and less cluttered.
- Now menus behave more dynamically depending on what is installed/available, eg. remove module options only show if a module is installed, download options only show if module is not downloaded,
- wmm hdd resource remap options only show if resources have been installed to dev_hdd0/tmp/***
- wmm remove resouces options only show if the resources exist in dev_hdd0/tmp/.
- wmm resource install options will only show if the corresponding toolbox module is installed
- New ability to remove all webMAN MOD related options from all menus, for the users who do not use wMM. See Toolbox Components in Toolbox Setup.
- Game sorting method toggle is now upgraded to sort by name on more XMB sort settings. It also changes XMB text.
- Added 6 more Gaia visualizations (earth.qrc)
- Added 30 more coldboot logos, Evilnat, habib, PS4, PS5 style logos and lots more, shortened the PS5 start up sound so it can play fully.
- Added 50+ legacy waves - some of these have issues, like drifting off to the left etc. This is why the legacy waves are kept separate to ones I made.
- Added an About section to Ultimate Toolbox Setup menu with version info, changelog record and more info. (WIP)
- More settings now have custom icons, such as module downloads.
- Option to File Explorer to the Root of the game category - added to toolbox components submenu.
- Option to install package manager pro to flash replacing the normal package manager.
- Changed notification so it no longer says "fcopy" and now includes animated icons instead.
- More built in category HM packages added for installing into the toolbox menu, all with custom metalification style icons and custom pic1.pngs with extra information.
- Restructured main menu so it only loads small xmls for main menu items, with larger xmls only loading once you enter sub menus, makes it more responsive and runs into RAM issues less.
- Made new icons for all the greyscale coldboot icons on black backgrounds, now much easier to see what you are installing
- Doubled the resolution of all ps3 theme icons - also now using jpg instead of png to keep filesize down and menus responsive.
- Added Demo Downloader to the main menu, allows 500+ PS3 c00 demos to be downloaded direct from Sony servers without going to the PS Store or needing a PSN account.
- Added Ps1 Demo disc downloader with 33 discs available
- Added Ps2 Demo disc downloader with 11 discs available, with info on each disc, and option to view high res cover fullscreen. These ISOs are patched so they will work on a PS3 unlike standard demo discs.
- Added playstation magazine downloader with 40 issues available
- Official playstation podcast downloader/streamer added, with 100 episodes available
- Added option to toggle the official gameboot from OFW 3.00
- Added the option to install the latest version of the Multi Gameboot Mod for use with webman mod.
- Change psn related icon color to blue or red. After install icons will be blue, change them to red if you want.
- Added new webman mod resources manager to toolbox setup, this allows all dev_hdd0/tmp/xx/ resouces to be reinstalled or deleted.
- Screen saver menus reorganized to be less cluttered, with separate sub menus for downloading and streaming
- Moved the Screensaver Mode option (fullscreen wave viewer) from inside power options > advanced, now moved into Visualizations > Screensaver Options.
- Added a PS5 style background inside Screensaver Options for streaming or downloading
- Added bonus sub menu with some random pixel art examples. This menu has support to show your own pixel art loaded from dev_usb000/pixelart.xml
- Impose screen mod options, 3 categories, animated when charging controller.
- Imagefont.bin with over 250 new ofw style tags added, these tags are used all over Ultimate Toolbox menus and can be enabled in webman mod too.
- XMB size changer added with options to resize top level of XMB to 70%, 80%, 90% , 100%, 110%, 120% or 130%.
- Removed xai_plugin.sprx/rco from pkg so as not to affect Evilnat CFWs new xai_plugin features
- Added support for changing between 21 languages - ONLY english is available at release, other languages can be added if translations become available - if you are interested in tranlating this please see dev_hdd0/game/ULTOOLBOX/USRDIR/language_packs/english/ for what needs translating. These could be released as add on pkgs at a later date.
- Built in pkg installer moved into built in package section so it's more intuitive. More built in apps added