1. Open your Xbox 360 and extract the drive-key from your ODD. (dummy.bin for SLIM and firmware.bin for FAT)
2. Included with the xk3y is a MicroSD card, on this SD card there is two files "rootfs" & "uImage" (DO NOT FORMAT the MicroSD card!)
2.1 add the extracted drive-key file to the MicroSD card. (make sure you right click and eject your card from the PC, otherwise you may corrupt the files)
3. Place the MicroSD card in the MicroSD slot located on the xk3y Main Board.
4. Connect the xk3y main board between your Xbox360 main board and DVD drive (connecting to the DVD drive is not a requirement, but to use pass-through mode and play games from disc its a must)
Cable layout is as follow.
SATA: Original SATA cable from Xbox main board to (J3) on XK main board.
SATA: Included SATA cable from from Xbox DVD drive to (J2) XK main board.
POWER: Original Power cable from Xbox main board to (P2) on XK main board.
POWER: Included Power cable from Xbox DVD Drive to (P1) on XK main board.
USB: Connect MicroUSB cable from (J4) on XK main board to XK Remote.
1. Drive Emulation: Start XB360 by pressing the Main Power Switch.
2. isoMenu mode: Start XB360 by pressing the Main Power Switch and the eject to load the isoMenu (read isoMenu.txt for more details)
3. Pass Through: Start XB360 by pressing the Eject button. This will make your XB360 start up in normal mode and let you play game from your original Disc Drive.
How to play games
1. Use any USB drive/hdd media device formatted in NTFS or other supported file formats.
3. Create a folder called "games" in the root of the HDD.
3.1 In the games folder create any folder structure you like.
For example, "games>sports" "games>action"
4. Take your favorite .ISO files and drop them in any folder inside the games folder structure.
5. Enjoy xk3y!
Its also possible to have several HDD devices connected via a powered USB HUB. xk3y will automatically detect all drives and you can then select from the xk3y remote which HDD to use.
IMPORTANT INFO for AP25/XGD3 protected games. (Requires xk3y firmware 1.02 or up)
For all XGD3 games (GoW3, Driver, WarHammer 40K, etc.) it is necessary to put the corresponding "dae.bin" file (that matches your dash board version) in the /games directory. This file can change whenever MS release a Dash update but there is no need to repatch/reburn games, just replace the dae.bin."