Project Eris is the spiritual successor to BleemSync.
Project Eris is a fully fledged modification tool for the PlayStation Classic Mini. It allows users to add games, mods and ports whilst also including a large array of extra features and quality of life improvements.
Please note: The desktop app for Project Eris will be made public at version 1.0.0. The inclusion of the desktop app will make replacing internal games on the PlayStation Classic much easier, however the optional facility to backup/replace/restore internal games IS available as of version 0.9.0 but requires an extra manual step. How to video will be out shortly in the interim.
Project Eris feature list
- Create your custom PlayStation Classic experience by adding your own games, emulators, themes, ports and mods.
- Better FileSystem support (Ext4, exFAT, NTFS, FAT32)
- OTG (On-The-Go adapter) support (no more USB compatibility issues)
- Network support (supports a limited number of Wi-Fi and Ethernet adapters)
- Folder support
- Drag and Drop game transfer now supported. (Drag games onto USB and it will load them up)
- Multi OS support (Windows, Mac, Linux) (basically anything that has a RDNIS driver. Which is a lot.)
- Reliable and steady emulation performance.
- RetroArch support and integration.
- Multitude of various controller support with RetroArch.
- Big community available to offer support to fellow users.
- And many more awesome features!
Project Eris 0.9.0 Requirements
A low powered USB drive to install initial payload. After that any USB is supported via OTG. (USB2 is a safe bet).
- BBSan– Developer
- CompCom – Developer
- Cyanic– Developer
- Enderling – Graphics & UI Design
- Gorez – Lead UAT tester & Documentation
- RetroKane – Documentation
- Rocky5– Developer
- Swingflip– Developer
- Wraith – Developer
- The original BleemSync Contributors
Special thanks to:
- Project Eris testers: Whiteysnakey, Notv37, BL4Z3D247, ChrisB, AyanamiRei0, PaPer_DJ, SRG, UNBREAKABLE1
- ModMyClassic supporters
Q. Does this software modify my PS Classic?
A. Yes – This does mean that you have to install a very small payload to your console. However this is completely safe and unless you hooked the PSC to the pc and tried to SSH to it, you wouldn’t know the difference. If you have no USB devices attached with the payload installed, it will boot like stock.
Q. Does this migrate my BleemSync install to Project Eris?
A. Yes – When you first boot, it should migrate all the components that are migrate-able to Project Eris. Some items like old BleemSync launchers are NOT capable of the migrate so some elements will require manual moving afterwards.
Q. What does backup do?
A. Backup will create upgrade packages, containing your partitions. As those upgrade packages will need signatures to get installed, the signatures are created as well and attached to the debug packages. To ensure, one does not accidentally try to restore a backup created from another console, the signature key is again encrypted with a unique key for each console. The backups are created under
There are three kinds of backups:
- LBOOT.EPB: Backup of the main partition (ROOTFS1), user data partition, kernel partition and trusted zone
- LRECOVERY.EPB: Backup of the recovery partition (ROOTFS2), recovery kernel and recovery trusted zone
- LBOOT_KERNEL.EPB: Backup of only the main kernel and the trusted zone
Q. How do I backup?
During boot Bleemsync Bootloader will check, if Backups are already present. If not, all backups are created. You can also force creation of a new backup with the following flags:
/media/project_eris/flags/BACKUP_MAIN /media/project_eris/flags/BACKUP_RECOVERY /media/project_eris/flags/BACKUP_KERNEL
After backup: STORE YOUR BACKUPS SAFELY! YOUR USB DRIVE IS NOT A SAFE PLACE! SAVE IT TO YOUR PC, DROPBOX, NEXTCLOUD – WHATEVER!!!
Q. What does restore do?
A. Restore will restore one of your backups. It uses the built in updater by SONY to do so.
Q. How do I restore?
A. Restore is triggered through the restore flags:
/media/bleemsync/flags/RESTORE_MAIN /media/bleemsync/flags/RESTORE_RECOVERY /media/bleemsync/flags/RESTORE_KERNEL
Please note: Restore will apply the complete backup as it is. This means your PSC will be set to the same state as when the backup was created. All your settings, customization and savegames that are on userdata WILL BE LOST.
Q. Power button is not working in RA or ports?
A. This is by design to prevent corruption of data.
Q. What are the SSH login details?
A. HOST:169.254.215.100 USERNAME: root PASSWORD: Not Required PORT: 22Q. What are the FTP login details?
A. HOST:169.254.215.100 USERNAME: root PASSWORD: Not Required PORT: 21Q. What are the Telnet login details?
A. HOST:169.254.215.100 USERNAME: root PASSWORD: Not Required PORT: 23
Que novedades incluye la versión 0.9.5
- Addition of a new Boot Menu
- Corrected characters on the wifi screen
- Added localization support for the Boot Menu
- Update of the latest RetroArch 1.8.5 (new DPI scale)
- Add inetD for remote bluetooth management
- Small improvements to the carousel
- Corrections of some points concerning EE systems