With this tool you'll be able to make independent Retroarch cias for your favorite PS1 games using the PCSX-Rearmed core without having to install Retroarch or anything besides the generated cia.
Only PBP files are supported, there are some emulator options you can change.
A bios is not required, but is highly recommended.
To use a bios you need to copy the bios file in the same folder as this program.
Compatible bios files are:
If you copy more than one bios file, the previous list shows the priority order.
If you enable the second memory card this will be created in the sdmc:/retroarch/forwarders folder and will be shared among the games, this is useful for games that can use other games save files (like Resident Evil 2 if you prefer to have the Leon and Claire discs separated).
The buttons are assigned as follow by default, they can be changed (controller type cannot be changed and still needs to be set in the creator):
PS1 Cross = 3DS B
PS1 Circle = 3DS A
PS1 Square = 3DS Y
PS1 Triangle = 3DS X
PS1 L1 = 3DS L
PS1 R1 = 3DS R
PS1 L2 = 3DS ZL
PS1 R2 = 3DS ZR
PS1 L3 = 3DS Left Touch
PS1 R3 = 3DS Right Touch
PS1 Start = 3DS Start
PS1 Select = 3DS Select
The 3DS touchscreen contains 2 extra buttons at the top left and top right, if you touch top center both touch buttons will be pressed at the same time.
You can enable the option Show Touchscreen buttons in the creator to show an overlay at the screen.
Q: Why only PBP?
A: PBP files are compressed and can store more than 1 disc. CHD support is planned, but it lacks multidisc support.
Q: How do I create PBP files?
A: You can use PSX2PSP or POPSConv, the internet is full of tutorials about how to use those programs. POPSConv can't create multidisc PBP files though.
Q: How do I change discs?
A: Tap the touchscreen to open the emulator menu and go to the Change Disc option, once there open the lid, change the disc number and close the lid.
Q: Hey, the Change Disc option isn't there.
A: If the option is missing then the PBP you used only has a single disc.
Q: What is the difference between analog and dualshock?
A: analog refers to the PlayStation Analog Joystick (SCPH-1110) or the Dual Analog Controller (SCPH-1150 or SCPH-1180) with the green led lit (Flighstick mode), while dualshock refers to the DualShock Controller (SCPH-1200) or the Dual Analog Controller with the red led lit.
Q: The option to change controller type is missing in the Controls menu.
A: That can only be changed in the creator.
Q: <insert game name> doesn't run well.
A: Not every game is gonna run full speed, refer to this thread for the compatibility list and advice about how to get better performance.
Q: The game doesn't boot at all and kicks me back to the home menu.
A: Official PBP's from PSN don't work. Try creating your own PBP's.
- fixed psxonpsp660.bin bios detection.
- and the hle bios too.
- adjusted smdh flags to hide the "save backup data" option on the 3ds menu as it isn't supported.
- "core disk options" was still being displayed when navigating the menu, changed to "change disc".
- changed "open/close disc tray" to "open/close lid".
- removed option to set circlepad as dpad.
- allow remapping controls from the forwarder itself.
- added touch buttons to compensate for the missing L3/R3 buttons.
- added optional bottom screen image to show touch buttons.
- slight adjust to the banner sound.
- initial release.
Que novedades incluye la versión 1.7.1
- added chd support.
- exposed more emulator options.
- added emulation settings presets.
- added sbi support (for libcrypt games).
- show touch buttons is now enabled by default.
- clean temporary files immediately after using them to reduce free space needed to create large cias.
- updated 3dstool and makerom.
- also removed ctrtool (not needed anymore).