rdx (at this point at least) is a collection of new (but comparitivly) basic emulator ports along with very basic dashboard like functionallity.
The primary aim of releasing this is to try and stimulate the xbox homebrew dev community a little as things seem to be quieting down a bit lately. :)
You are encouraged to make as many changes to the code as you want and submit them back to us for inclusion in a future version.
There are a few, hopefully non-restrictive, licencing type rules at the top of dash.cpp about what you can and can't do with the source to team xos developed code. They are not there to limit what you can do with the code but more to ensure that you release the modified source to any released binaries to help the development community. Certain parts of the code written outside of Team XOS have slightly more restrictive licences but please always follow the licence the original developers have assigned to there code.
by TMaul and the rest of Team Xos.
P.S. Here are the emulators and other misc libs used in this version of RDX.
- TinyXML 2.3.2 (c) 2000-2002 Lee Thomason (www.grinninglizard.com)
- TinyPTC (c) Gaffer (www.gaffer.org)
- Zlib (c) The awesome zlib team (http://www.gzip.org/zlib/)
- XKutils 0.2 (c) Team Assembly (www.team-assembly.com)
- Rendering Panel Code (C) Xboxmediaplayer team (http://www.xboxmediaplayer.de/)
- Misc bits and bobs from FBAx (c) Lantus, Tmaul and FBA team (www.lantus-x.com and fba.emuunlim.com)
- Snes9x 1.43(c) snes9x team (http://www.snes9x.com)
- GENS (c) Stef and gens contributors (http://gens.consolemul.com/)
- SMSplus (c) Charles McDonald (cgfm2.emuviews.com)
- FCEUltra (c) Xodnizel (www.?????)
everything is more than basic in this current version but features are:
- Emulates Snes, Nes, sms, megadrive configurable rom, application and game paths via XML config file
- Dashboard style app launching
- The skelton code for some other features
- Setup config.xml to your paths, copy to a dir on your xbox and run. :)
Greetings to (in no particular order: Carcharius, Lantus, Likklebaer, The_joker & team ava, Iriez, XBMC team, X-port, unleashx team, evo-x team, Xbox-scene.com staff, FBA team, and everyone else involved in xbox homebrew development