Xbox OS 0.4a

¿Quieres enterarte al momento de las nuevas descargas? Síguenos en Twitter, Mastodon o Threads!

This dashboard was dream up one day while screwing around on the xbox.  They ideas for
it are still comming,but I'm not going try and reinvent the wheel.  The goal of my project
is to have a nice bundle of software like an 'os' so its almost just a plug and play with
very few configurations.  I have include some homebrew xbes not written by me.  So if your 
having problems with them contact them.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bugs & Bashes & Comments:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you find a bug contact me at SinnerSol@hushmail.com.  I am looking for dump sites so when new
release are out I can just upload to a few sites and be done with it. Also I am looking
for people with skills in graphics to do some backgrounds. Join the Xbox-os Revolition and 
contribute.

Features Included:

1. Menuing System
2. Autoboot DVD's to default dvd player
3. Plays sound tracks from menu.
4. Comes with all the tools you need.
5. Play multipul games from one cd, see advance_readme.txt

Menu Movement:

1. Thumbpad for up and down movement.
2. Start or 'A' to select.
3. Back or 'X' to go back to the main menu.
4. 'B' to play next song on sound track.
5. 'Y' to go to next sound track.
6. Right Trigger next skin

Modifing Ini: Auto
run the "menu editor3.exe"

Modifing Ini: Manul
The entire dashboard is very configurable.  Everthing is loaded into ini files. No spaces 
between the "==". Here are two examples.

Good:
File Manager==d:\filemanager\default.xbe
Bad:
File Manager== d:\filemanager\default.xbe

Good:
Sub Menu A==c:\xos\ini\name.ini
Bad:
Sub Menu A==name.ini

It has to be perfect or it wont run. No spaces between the "=="! Also use the absolute path.

--How the menu works
Any menu can create submenus. menu.ini is the first menu. Thus you can make Xbox-os look/run how you want it.
If you dont want any menus just games on your boot page. Then you could do something like
this:
menu.ini
Game A==e:\games\a\default.xbe
Game b==e:\games\b\default.xbe
Game c==e:\gamesothergames\c\default.xbe

--Auto Add games ands Apps listed a directory

none==e:\directory\auto.add

Install:

The dashboard has only been tested as the file c:\xboxdash.xbe. 
I dont think it will boot from a dvd/cd, but its not tested.

Files & directories should be located here for proper functionality. You can change
the name of xboxdash.xbe, but it has to be located in c:\.

c:\xboxdash.xbe
c:\xos\

Files to modify

c:\xos\ini\games.ini    Set the location of any games.
c:\xos\ini\defaults.ini    Set the location of the background picture
c:\xos\ini\media.ini    Set the location of MS dash, If you have it
c:\xos\ini\tools.ini    Set the location of Evo, If you have it.

Outro:

Keep the scene alive and kicking, especailly Homebrew programmers.

by SinnerSol.

No te pierdas nada, síguenos en Twitter, Mastodon o Threads!
Preguntas, aportes y peticiones en el foro.

• Crear nuevo...