El reproductor multimedia más popular para PS3.
- Local file system
- On PS3 and RPi external USB drives (including NTFS) are automounted with read/write support
- Reads content and can play files from compressed ZIP and uncompressed RAR archives
- SMB / CIFS - "Windows shares"
- FTP - File Transfer Protocol
- Torrent client - can directly play audio/video file over bittorrent protocol as well as browsing the torrent file and playing torrent files via magnet links
- HTTP - direct file playing over HTTP/HTTPS protocols
- HLS - HTTP Live Streaming. For multi bit rate streams Movian will select optimum stream based on available bandwidth. Streams with internal as well as external multitrack audio are supported.
- RTMP - Streaming protocol used for Flash players.
- HTSP - Streaming of Live TV from Tvheadend
- Icecast / Shoutcast
Movian supports plugins installed from a centralized repository. Some of the more popular plugins are Youtube, Navi-X, Twitch.tv, Opensubtitles, SVT Play.
Plugins are, by default, automatically upgraded when a new version is available.
Searching using the toolbar on the home page will search in all installed plugins that support searching.
In-application automatic upgrades.
On PS3, Mac OS X and RPi Movian can upgrade itself. In addition, on RPi it can also upgrade the entire STOS operating system.
The user can select to upgrade form three different tracks (In Settings -> General):
- Stable - Most stable version.
- Testing - Upgraded approximately bi-weekly depending on changes made and risk for severe bugs in the master branch.
- Bleeding Edge - Tracks master branch. Every commit made by the development team is a new release. Could be very unstable from time to time.
- All formats supported by libav can be played. For instance, MKV, MOV, AVI, M2TS, etc. Currently Movian uses libav version 11.
- See libav's list for supported video decoders
- See libav's list for supported audio decoders
- In addition to this Movian can also play various game music formats (not available on all platforms)
Hardware accelerated video decoding
- PS3: Accelerated H.264 (up to level 4.2), MPEG-2. PS3's cell codecs do not support hardware accelerated playing of: HEVC/H265, H264 profile > 4.2, H264 High 10 (10bit), VP6, VP8, VC1/WMV9. Movian tries to play those anyway (ie decodes by using CPU). But the success varies to sound only or blackscreen when reframes/resolution are high.
- RPi: Accelerated H.264 High 10 Profile (up to level 5.0), MPEG-4 (DivX, XviD), MPEG-2 (needs license), VC-1 (needs license). GPU accelerated VP6, VP8 (SD resolutions only), MJPEG, Ogg Theora (up to 720p)
- Linux: Accelerated H.264 using VDPAU (NVIDIA cards only)
- OS X: Accelerated H.264
- PS3: Multi channel audio streams are re-encoded to 6 or 8 channel DTS/AC3 or whatever end device supports (Limitation of PS3 LV2 operating system)
- Linux: Digital passthrough of DTS, AC3, E-AC3. For PCM output up to 32 bit 192kHz is supported depending on source content. Discrete multi channel output is also supported.
- RPi: Pass thru over HDMI. Or software decoded 8 or 2 channel PCM output.
- Other: Stereo output, multichannel audio is down-mixed.
Built-in metadata lookup
- Artist and Album graphics are looked up using last.fm
- Movie metadata (including posters) are looked up via themoviedb.org
- TV shows (including posters) are looked up via thetvdb.org
- Metadata lookup can be turned on/off per folder. (Default on)
- Options exist for user to choose if multiple results are available. A custom search query can also be entered.
Supported subtitle formats (External files)
- DVD Subtitles and VOBSUB
- SUB (Microdvd)
- Automatic code page detection using language heuristics
- On the fly decompression of .zip files and .gz files containing subtitles
- Built in HTTP server available on port 42000. Currently this is mostly used for diagnostics and has HTTP control API.
- Built in FTP server. This is default disabled but can be enabled in Settings -> Network
- RPi (STOS) has included SSH server which can be enabled/disabled from Movian UI.
- RPi (STOS) has included Avahi service which allows to discover devices running Movian by using DNS name movian.local
Que novedades incluye la versión 5.0.600
- Correcting the actions of the [PLAY] [PAUSE] [STOP] [BACK] button during playback.
- Improved HLS reading and buffering.
- Changes to the audio buffer help reduce latency and improve lip sync.
- * Fixed MPEG-TS H264/AVC playback
- * Fixed AV-sync issues (speed-up) when using Hardware Decoding of H264/H265/MPEG2/MPEG4
- * Fixed crash or missing graphics after sleep or when Android TV system menu is invoked
- * Added option in "Video playback" to enable/disable MPEG4 (DivX/XviD) Hardware Decoding
- * Added option in "Video playback" to control pre-buffering for local/network/torrent files
- * Increased maximum value for Video buffer to 768MB
- * Added option in "Video playback" to change UP/DOWN buttons actions (Master Volume/Per-file volume or PREV/NEXT title/channel)
- * Increased max number of peers for bittorent downloads from 50 to 150
- * Replaced OpenSL ES with android AudioTrack API
- * Added pass-through mode for Dolby Digital (AC3) and Dolby Digital+ (EAC3)
- * Added pass-through mode for DTS and DTS-HD Master Audio
- * Added option in "Audio settings" "Transcode to EAC3 when possible"
- * Added transcoding of unsupported audio codecs (AAC/MP2/MP3) to 5.1 DD/AC3 640 kbps and (DTS/DTS-HD/TRUE-HD) to 5.1 DD+/EAC3 768 kbps (if above option is enabled)
- * Added support for broken playback of AC3 audio with bitrate higher than 448 kbps on Android 5
- * Register as handler for: .torrent / .mkv / .mp4 / .mov / .avi / .ts / magnet and other video files from LOCAL and HTTP/HTTPS sources
- * In Bittorent settings - it is now possible to set the "Max usage of free space" to 0% (i.e. "Do not use disk cache")
- * This modded version of Movian cannot be installed over the official version
- * AC3 and EAC3 pass-through require Android 5 or newer (API 21)
- * DTS pass-through requires Android 6 or newer (API 23) and is broken on Sony Bravia TV in Android 7
- * Apply "Dark" theme on startup to avoid the white splash screen on Android TV
- * "Android Storage" renamed to "USB Drives"
- * HLS playback LIVE/VOD: Video buffer is now used up to "Video Buffer Size" in seconds
- * HLS playback LIVE: Check for new segments when less than 18 seconds bufferred
- * HLS playback: It is now possible to seek forward in the buffered video
- * Added "HLS Live Playback Mode" option (Standard / Large Pre-Buffer / From Start / Standard with Rewind)
- * Torrent/Magnet links: Updated list of trackers
- * Screen Saver now works (bing images or user images)
* TV Remote Control Buttons are mapped as follow:
- RED - Exit Movian
- GREEN - Show Log
- YELLOW - System Info
- BLUE - Screen Saver
- TELETEXT- Menu
- INFO - Media Info
- AUDIO - Switch Audio
- SUBTITLE- Switch Subtitles
- * HLS support for MPEG1/MPEG2/HEVC video and EAC3 audio (hls/m3u8 playback)
- * Added In-app upgrade (Settins/General/Upgrade)
- * Added: Exit Movian if [BACK] is pressed on Home screen
- * Added: Support for DVD ISO playback from local and network/smb/torrent locations on Android/AndroidTV (no touch support for DVD menu navigation, so you will need either AndroidTV or Android Box with keyboard/remote controller)
- * Added: Separate option for DVD/MPEG2 hardware acceleration in Settings / Video playback
- * Added: Support for clipboard paste (text/links) with a new button in the OSK (on-screen-keyboard)
- * Greatly improved playback of some MPEG4 (DivX/Xvid) formats on Sony Bravia Android TV (smoother and no frame-drops)
- * Fixed: Playback of video-only files with HW acceleration (if there is no audio track the video is now played)
- * Reworked AV-Sync on Android - there should be no av-sync issues and speed-ups at start/resume and no audio-delays after pause/resume
- * Fixed: Audio delay can go from -5 to +5 seconds now.
- * Improved: DVD-Video playback on Sony Bravia AndroidTV.
* Added: 'Home Screen' section in Settings / Look and Feel with new options (restart required after change):
- * Show 'USB Drives' - you can disable the icon on main screen
- * Show 'Movian Data' - useful to make complete backup of your Movian Android configuration via FTP