Tarablinda 0.4b

¿Quieres enterarte al momento de las nuevas descargas? Síguenos en Twitter o Mastodon!
Ayúdanos con el mantenimiento de la web con una donación vía Paypal.

Tarablinda is a collection of hacks and tricks which i discovered during hw and fw exploration.
It's only a proof of concept, I take no responsibility for any damage it may causes.
I've checked on Via controller (with drivers removed) and Intel ICH7 several time, against 2 different drives with same FW revision.
There could be different FW revision out here, it could not work for several reasons.

Usage  : Tarablinda [SATA PORT] [dump|erase|rewrite] [file to flash]
Example: Tarablinda E480 dump
Example: Tarablinda E480 rewrite newfw.bin

Special: Tarablinda E480 dump full
         Experimental risky fulldump

dump:
    it dumps the dvdkey and checks it with MS drive auth protocol,
    like the console does everytime you poweron, so it's good for sure.
    It's not a destructive/invasive dump.

It dumps also serials (1FFE0 area)
    It also dumps the whole dvdkeyarea, included the latest 0x10 bytes of such area, which are unique per drive too.
    It also dumps sectors 3Dxxx 3Exxx

Dummy.bin is nothing else than a blank file with dvdkeyarea, 3D000-3EFFF and serials in place.

//////////experimental-risky//////////////////
dump full:
    Like above, then checks if 3D-3E sectors are the known ones, rewrites 3E with patched code to make the fw
    send us the full dump.
    It's a little risky cause we can't know for sure if the dumped 3D-3E sectors are really that sector numbers.
    Since scrambling the same data at different addrress results in different scrambled data, we can be quite sure.
    But again, this is beta software and consider you are risking on your own, it's your choice.

Erase and Rewrite(which is an erase+write) are mainly for studying purpose
    Unless you have a full dump of your drive,
    erase and rewrite are not recommended for the most

Special thanks to Kai Schtrom - Maximus - TeamModFreaks

As usual, use at your own risk

Geremia

No te pierdas nada, síguenos en Twitter o Mastodon!
Preguntas, aportes y peticiones en el foro.
Si te sirve lo que hacemos, ayúdanos con el mantenimiento de la web con una donación vía Paypal.

• Crear nuevo...