This is a lightweight installation manager for pkg files. It comes with a fully dynamic front-end using only jquery, jquery-ui and js-cookie (for storing tasks). NodeJS/NPM is the only component required to run the webserver.
The manager can run on a headless server (no desktop needed). Ideally this server should be have direct and fast access to pkg files!
- NPM (Node Package Manager)
- PS4 Remote Package Installer
- Clone repository, cd into extracted directory
- Install modules: npm install
- Edit config.json (see below)
- To start in foreground (e.g. in screen): node index.js
- To start in background: nohup node index.js &
- pkgfolder: Full path to the folder containing your pkg files, must be accessible from server!
- myip: IP address of your server
- ps4ip: IP address of your PS4
- myport: Change port of server / landing page
Remember to enable the configured port in your firewall!
Optimizing transfer speed:
With all your devices connected via Gigabit LAN (1000BASE-T) you should be able to reach transfer speeds of more than 20 MB/s. Given that, the installation of a 40GB pkg file takes around 30 mins.
To optimize transfer speed check the following points:
- Server has 'fast' access to the configured pkgfolder, either directly or via Gigabit connection (for SMB share make sure to use SMB v3.0)
- Server and PS4 are connected to eachother via Gigabit LAN (1000 Mbit/s router/switch + Cat 5e/6/7 cables)
All credit goes to flatz for creating the Remote Package Installer!