Secure and reliable software update framework for Cocoa developers.
- Seamless. There's no mention of Sparkle; your icons and app name are used.
- Secure. Updates are verified using EdDSA signatures and Apple Code Signing.
- Fast. Supports delta updates which only patch files that have changed.
- Easy to install. Sparkle requires no code in your app, and only needs static files on a web server.
- Supports bundles, preference panes, plugins, and other non-.app software. Can install .pkg files for more complicated products.
- Handles permissions, quarantine and automatically asks for authentication if needed.
- Uses RSS-based appcasts for release information. Appcasts are a de-facto standard supported by 3rd party update-tracking programs and websites.
- Stays hidden until second launch for better first impressions.
- Truly self-updating — the user can choose to automatically download and install all updates in the background.
- Ability to mark updates as critical.
- Progress and status notifications for the host app.
- Runtime: macOS 10.7 or greater
- Build: Xcode 9 and 10.11 SDK or greater
- HTTPS server for serving updates (see App Transport Security)
- No sandboxing. Sparkle 1.x can't update sandboxed apps. Sparkle 2.x can.
by Sparkle Project.