- Reorganize Memory Cards by deleting, saving and moving individual game saves.
- Undelete accidentally deleted game saves.
- Load and Save individual game saves.
- Read and write memory cards using DexDrive, Caetla, & PlaySaver hardware!
- Compare game saves to find patches and other .
- Hex Edit game saves to find patches and change save data!
- Convert game saves between formats (DexDrive, X-Plorer/X-Ploder, Action Replay + other cartridges, PlaySaver, Virtual Game Station, PSEmuPro, Bleem!... Everything you can get your hands on!).
- Convert game saves between regions (Europe, USA, Japan). PSXGameEdit has been confirmed to successfully convert the following games.
- Edit DexDrive game save comments.
- Edit Game ID's and Product Codes.
- Powerful Icon Editor lets you exchange icons, draw new ones, import and export as Windows icons (.ico).
- Patch game saves for more lives, ammo etc.
- Reads and writes PlaySaver and PSEmuPro Memory Card saves and single game saves (.mc & .mcr)
- Reads and writes DexDrive Memory Card saves (.gme)
- Reads and writes Bleem! Memory Card saves (.mcd)
- Reads and writes Virtual Game Station Memory Card saves (.vgs)
- Reads and writes X-Plorer/X-Ploder, Cheat Machine, Game Shark, Action Replay, Cheat Factory etc. single game saves (.psx)
To utilize the PSXGameEdit program fully, you must have some hardware to do the actual communication with the memory cards. Currently the program supports the following hardware:
- PlaySaver PC-MemCard interface. Information on building the hardware is free and can be downloaded at members.aol.com/PlaySaver
- DexDrive by InterAct, which is a commercial product. Further information can be found at www.interact-acc.com
- X-Plorer/X-Ploder cartridge from FCD, info., ROM-upgrades and cheats can be found at www.x-plorer.co.uk
- PSEmuPro, the PlayStation emulator project for Windows9x computers. See www.psemu.com for more info.
- A Caetla-flashed cartridge like an Action Replay, Game Wizard, Game Enhancer, Golden Finger etc..
- Bleem!, PlayStation emulator. Nice alternative to PSEmuPro. See www.bleem.com for info.
- Other cartridges that reads and writes .psx files.
Please note that PSXGameEdit can read and write memory cards directly using the DexDrive, Caetla/EMS/Action Replay flashed cartridges & PlaySaver, but for other hardware, PSXGameEdit depends on the hardware to do the read/write operations between the PC and memory card.
If you don't have any of the above, I highly recommend building the PlaySaver which is very cool! The version that I have built looks like this, for building questions and schematics.