Open-source jailbreaking tool for older iOS devices.
- Jailbreak and downgrade iPhone 3GS (new bootrom) with alloc8 untethered bootrom exploit. :-)
- Pwned DFU Mode with steaks4uce exploit for S5L8720 devices.
- Pwned DFU Mode with limera1n exploit for S5L8920/S5L8922 devices.
- Pwned DFU Mode with SHAtter exploit for S5L8930 devices.
- Dump SecureROM on S5L8920/S5L8922/S5L8930 devices.
- Dump NOR on S5L8920 devices.
- Flash NOR on S5L8920 devices.
- Encrypt or decrypt hex data on a connected device in pwned DFU Mode using its GID or UID key.
This tool should be compatible with Mac and Linux. It won't work in a virtual machine.
- libusb, If you are using Linux: install libusb using your package manager.
- iPhone 3GS iOS 4.3.5 iBSS
Download iPhone 3GS iOS 4.3.5 IPSW from Apple:
In Terminal, extract iBSS using the following command, then move the file to ipwndfu folder:
unzip -p iPhone2,1_4.3.5_8L1_Restore.ipsw Firmware/dfu/iBSS.n88ap.RELEASE.dfu > n88ap-iBSS-4.3.5.img3
- Reorganize and refactor code.
- Easier setup: download iBSS automatically using partial zip.
- Dump SecureROM on S5L8720 devices.
- Install custom boot logos on devices jailbroken with 24Kpwn and alloc8.
- Enable verbose boot on devices jailbroken with 24Kpwn and alloc8.
This is BETA software.
Backup your data.
This tool is currently in beta and could potentially brick your device. It will attempt to save a copy of data in NOR to nor-backups folder before flashing new data to NOR, and it will attempt to not overwrite critical data in NOR which your device requires to function. If something goes wrong, hopefully you will be able to restore to latest IPSW in iTunes and bring your device back to life, or use nor-backups to restore NOR to the original state, but I cannot provide any guarantees.
There is NO warranty provided.
THERE IS NO WARRANTY FOR THE PROGRAM, TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW. THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO THE QUALITY AND PERFORMANCE OF THE PROGRAM IS WITH YOU. SHOULD THE PROGRAM PROVE DEFECTIVE, YOU ASSUME THE COST OF ALL NECESSARY SERVICING, REPAIR OR CORRECTION.
You will not need to use make or compile anything to use ipwndfu. However, if you wish to make changes to assembly code in src/*, you will need to use an ARM toolchain and assemble the source files by running make.
If you are using macOS with Homebrew, you can use binutils and gcc-arm-embedded. You can install them with these commands:
brew install binutils brew cask install https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Homebrew/homebrew-cask/b88346667547cc85f8f2cacb3dfe7b754c8afc8a/Casks/gcc-arm-embedded.rb
- geohot for limera1n exploit
- posixninja and pod2g for SHAtter exploit
- iPhone Dev Team for 24Kpwn exploit
- pod2g for steaks4uce exploit
- walac for pyusb