An app to create and edit custom themes for Switch.
All firmwares >= 5.0.0 are officially supported, older firmwares should be compatible but haven't been tested.
The app is pretty straightforward to use: themes are in SZS format and are extracted from the home menu RomFS, open a compatible szs, open a 1280x720 image to use as a background and click on save.
- Lockscreen, home menu and user settings support for firmwares 5.0 up to 6.1.0
- From 6.0 support for news applet and console settings as separate szs files, on <=5.x it's all in common.szs
- Older firmwares have been confirmed to work but are not officially supported
- Auto image injection, no external tools needed.
- Support for custom layouts, with built-in examples
- Auto image to DDS conversion
- Auto NCA Extraction to easily extract the SZS files from the home menu (based on hactool)
- Advanced tools to help people develop custom layouts or patches
- Web version with Auto-Theme to share themes
No installation is needed, just extract the files and run the main exe, this app requires .NET Framework 4.6, and works on linux through wine (Some features like image to DDS and NCA extraction are windows only).
Que novedades incluye la versión 4.4
- Added a button to easily extract nxthemes
Dropped the included DDS converter for better linux compatibility
- This means that now for nxthemes only JPG and DDS images are supported for backgrounds and only PNG and DDS for custom applet icons. Szs patching only supports DDS.
- PNG isn't supported for backgrounds as having a lossless image only increases the theme size as eventually it gets compressed with DXT1 (lossy !), for best quality use a good DDS encoder
- SZS Patcher tab is now hidden by default, you can enable it from the advanced settings if you need to.
- Support for 9.0.1, the home menu was not actually updated, all themes should work.
- Improved navigation
- Support for file associations in the homebrew menu, more info here
- Fixed layout diffing in the injector
Note that lockscreen themes on >9.0 are still supported only on atmosphere