Custom process MitM'ing nfp:user services for amiibo emulation (my custom but really extended fork of nfp-mitm)
- Download the latest release and place it on your CFW's titles folder (so it would be like <cfw>/titles/0100000000000352).
- According to tests, should work on any CFW which allows NSP sysmodules (Atmosphere, ReiNX).
- You also have to set the boot2 flag, whose location depends on the CFW:
- Atmosphere: create a file named boot2.flag inside titles/0100000000000352/flags directory.
- ReiNX: create a file named boot2.flag inside titles/0100000000000352 directory.
All the input combos are performed with R-Stick pressing and pressing the D-pad in an specific direction (at the same time). Combos must (should) be done before or after the game starts looking for amiibos.
- Toggle amiibo emulation: Press R-Stick (like it was a button) and also pressing the D-pad up. Toggles/untoggles emulation.
- Toggle amiibo emulation once: Same as above, but pressing the D-pad right. Toggles emulation once, after emulating an amiibo then it will untoggle automatically.
- Untoggle amiibo emulation: Same as above, but pressing the D-pad down. Untoggles amiibo emulation, and should be used as a way to fully ensure it is untoggled, in case you don't know whether it's toggled or not.
- Swap amiibo: Same as above, but pressing the D-pad left. Moves to the next amiibo in the amiibo directory, if last one starts again with the first one. Only has effect if amiibo emulation is toggled.
Emuiibo's amiibo directory is sd:/emuiibo. Place your amiibo dumps (must be *.bin files) there.
Emuiibo gets amiibo's data, but the register info (amiibo name, write dates, mii) is auto-generated, as it isn't present on amiibo dumps:
Name will be the file's name (Amiibo.bin -> Amiibo), but if the name is bigger than 10 chars it will be hardcoded to Emuiibo.
Write date is hardcoded to 15th June 2019.
The amiibo's mii (owner) is hardcoded to the first mii found in the console mii database.
Dumps consist on *.bin files, which must be 540 bytes (perhaps even more?). They can be dumped with several tools.
This MitM process also hosts a custom service, nfp:emu, which can be used to control amiibo swapping and emulation by IPC.
You have an implementation for C/C++ and libnx in here.
All the persons who contributed to the nfp-mitm project before me: Subv, ogniK, averne, spx01, SciresM
libstratosphere libraries (SciresM again)
Que novedades incluye la versión 0.2
Amiibo progress saving support
- Games like SSBU allow saving their progress on amiibos. Now this is supported by redirecting savedata to files inside amiibo's "areas" directory.
- This, in fact, provides another advantage, as real amiibos just allow savedata for one title, while this system allows to have multiple saves.
Amiibo system changed
- First of all, don't worry. All amiibo BIN files found in emuiibo dir will be auto-converted to the new system.
- The new system has every amiibo in a different directory, which contains the amiibo ("amiibo.bin"), a JSON metadata file ("amiibo.json"), an "areas" directory (see above) and a mii char-info copy ("mii.dat").
- On this system everything can be customized. In order to change miis you would need the char-info data, which is stored inside the console. To help with this, emuiibo will dump all console miis inside "miis" directory in emuiibo dir, named with the index + mii name (example: "0-XorTroll.dat"). To use it, copy to the amiibo dir and name it as "mii.dat".
- An interesting option can be added to the JSON ("randomizeUuid" boolean), which makes emuiibo randomize the amiibo UUID. Having this means special circumstances in certain games, like being recognized as a different amiibo each time in BotW, hence infinite supply.
- IMPORTANT! After using 0.2, since the old system gets changed to the new one, 0.1 won't find any amiibos as they're not on the root dir now. Thus, avoid using 0.1 after using 0.2.
HOME button LED blink (7.x+, sadly)
- On firmwares on 7.x or higher, performing a combo makes the HOME button blink, which is a simple and nice system to signal that a combo has been performed. Not supported on previous versions for technical limitations.
- nfp:emu service changed, with new commands