This is the first Standalone Release for PPSSPP.
It's based on my libretro port with some few distinctions:
- Includes a GLES2 and GL version (use GLES2 for GTA's or other troubling games, otherwise GL version is always recommended as it's far more stable and bug free).
- JIT improvements (should now work on all Horizon version), masking is no longer required, thus JIT masking bugs are a thing of the past (will be backported to the libretro ver. this week).
- All config files reside in /switch/ppsspp/, the path can not be changed for the time being.
- You can copy your PPSSPP files from /retroarch/cores/savefiles/PPSSPP/ (savefiles are compatible, savestates are NOT, however I will add a export option to the Core soon-ish).
- Due to a toolchain Issue, starting like 15~ games in a row might lead to a crash, your mileage might vary depending of the number of JIT buffer allocations
- Drag & drop the switch folder to the root of your SD, overwriting every file.
- If you don't copy my controls.ini, you will need to remap your controls as it defaults to keyboard values.
- Assets are bundled, so you don't have to bother with that.
- -If you are using ANY method of loading PPSSPP OTHER than Atmosphere's title redirection feature, DO NOT report issues that you encounter.
- -Don't use NSP's.
- -After upstreaming, this port will likely become the official
- -Fixed "Home" Button in PPSSPP (Not the Switch Home button)
- -Fixed in-game menu continue after Settings open (might not properly refresh some GPU settings, but said refresh caused the Issue)
- -Fixed the 10th launch Issue
- -Fixed CurrentDirectory (you might need to manually edit the ini if it isn't created new)
- -Fixed Recent launched games (clear old entries!)
- -Bundled controls.ini / Drag & Drop Bundle (careful if you don't want to lose your own mappings)
- -Added "fake GLES2" -> Performs way better in GTA's, however breaks many other games if internal res > 1x
- -Added GLES3 build -> Less Bugs, about same perf as libretro port
- -Added Browser applet to some links in the Menu (because why not)
- -Enabled NXLink Support (for dev/debug)
- -Updated again, now one NRO resides in /switch and another in /switch/ppsspp, essentially allowing to show both NRO's in the hbmenu
- If it still show's the PPSSPP folder in hbmenu, make sure that theres only 1 NRO in /switch/ppsspp (it doesn't matter which).
- Both access assets, config and flash from /switch/ppsspp
- -GLES3 has been replaced by GL (GL is superior in every way)
- -Re-worked JIT, Masking is no longer required, thus there should be no more JIT bugs that desktop standalone / Lakka don't have (this change will be added to libretro too next week)
- -However doing this we have less space to work with due to a libnx bug (virtmem stopping working), so it might crash if you launch ~15 games in a row without returning to hbmenu / home menu.
- That number will vary depending on how much memory the jit buffer allocate depending on the Game
- -Add some other JIT sanity checks + fixes
- -The GL version should be pretty much on par with standalone- while the GLES2 ver has a few more gfx Issues but better perf in some games (most of them are GTA's)
- -General system stability improvements to enhance the user's experience.
-Fixed Homebrew store