Mac OS X version of PPF-o-Matic for Windows, by Paradox.
PPF3.0 is a further development of PPF2.0 which is still used to distribute (mainly) Playstation patches. Actually, as I stated in the PPF2.0 readme, I did not want to develop further versions of this tool.
So, to avoid confusion let me explain why I did so:
PPF2.0 is restricted compatible with large files (for example DVD-Images >3GB). Since DVD releases are being spread more and more and since DVD-Burners have become more affordable I thought it is better to develop a new PPF version NOW than not have such a tool when it is needed. Also, I have included several new features which are useful for other platforms than Playstation 1&2.
For now I think DVD images are not interesting for most of the people in the scene but I think this will change in the near future and I also think it will be neccessary to have a running system for patches which covers DVD stuff also.
Que novedades incluye la versión 3.0.0 See changelog
As stated above I added some new features to PPF but also i removed some of the old ones, or to be exact one feature had to go. So here is the new feature-list:
Image filesize checking is GONE.
- Over the years it became clear that this feature was simply too inaccurate and confused most of the users with warnings which were mostly incorrect.
Image Identification / Blockcheck was enlarged. (+Imagetype)
- You can either fully DISABLE or ENABLE the blockcheck for a specific patch, plus the blockcheck now supports GI (PrimoDVD) images. GI is the common format used for distributing DVD-Images.
- You can optionally choose to include UNDO data in your patch so the users can undo your patch anytime.
- Its a hell of alot faster than PPF2.0.
Large files support.
- PPF3.0 supports files up to 9,223,372,036,854,775,807 Byte. enough ?