Updated PSIDPatch 1.5, now it can also change the Console ID sent to PSN, although if the ID isn't valid you'll get a nice 8002A224 error.
Included a sample consoleid.txt file too.
Updated PSIDPatch 1.2 for 3.55 consoles. SELF is signed and the package is "signed".
1.2 also lets you generate a random PSID now, no need for txt files :)
Also, removed the confirmation screens.
PSID is your playstation's unique identifier to Sony, this program will patch the loaded PSID in memory to one of your choice. This won't permanently patch your PSID, but *MIGHT* let you fool PSN. Best way to test this is for somebody with a banned PS3 to try changing it and going online.
Please note that I'm not sure if PSID is what is actually used for bans! Apparently the ID used for banning is generated using the PSID, but I think that the result of this generation *MIGHT* be stored somewhere in memory. If it is, this tool is worthless for PSN until that result is found.
Made and tested on a 3.41 PS3 for 1.0, 3.55 PS3 for 1.2... Although not tested online by me!
If your using a different version and patching doesn't work properly please contact me and we'll work out a fix :)
- + Shows you current PSID
- + Shows you current Console ID
- + Patch PSID from dev_usb/psid.txt
- + Patch PSID to random number
- + Patch Console ID from dev_usb/consoleid.txt
- + Patch ConsoleID (line 2) to random number
- + Choose USB to load from
This uses the peek and poke syscalls in order to patch your PSID. Please make sure your using a payload which uses them (http://psx-scene.com/forums/575356-post358.html for example) or a CFW that has them (kmeaw 3.55 does)
- Install package
- Run PSIDPatch
- Press Cross to patch PSID with a random number, or Square to patch ConsoleID.
- Or.. if you want to use your own:
- Create a text file called psid.txt/consoleid.txt on root of your USB
- Put 32 hex characters inside (e.g. 1234567890ABCDEFFEDCBA0987654321) or 64 for ConsoleID
- Open PSIDPatch, choose your USB using Up/Down arrows and press R1 to patch.
PSID starts at 0x800000000044A18C in 3.41, 0x800000000045218C in 3.55. It is 16 bytes long.
Two identicle Console ID's exist in memory: one which is 32 bytes at 0x80000000003C2EF0 and another which is 16 bytes at 0x8000000000452174. PSN seems to use the second one, but PSIDPatch patches both.
Mathieulh/RichDevX - bragging about PSID stuff on twitter, if it was a private convo I never would of started this :)
user - Fixing CFWLoad code so no SCE confidential stuff is included, thanks man :D
djekl - Random PSID idea, can't believe I didn't think of that...