WinPcap consists of a driver that extends the operating system to provide low-level network access and a library that is used to easily access low-level network layers.
This library also contains the Windows version of the well-known libpcap Unix API.
Changelog: Version 4.1.3, 08 mar 13
- Added support for Windows 8 and Server 2012
- Removed the old CACE logo
- Fixed a bug in the Just-In-Time compiler for BPF filters that could cause an OS crash when dealing with specially crafted LD instructions
- The BPF filter validation code was not properly validating division-by-zero DIV instructions.
- Known bugs:
- Transmitted packets are looped back on Windows 8 even when using the flag PCAP_OPENFLAGS_NOCAPTURE_LOCAL for pcap_open.
- pcap_dump_fopen is not supported.