mGBA is an emulator for running Game Boy Advance games. It aims to be faster and more accurate than many existing Game Boy Advance emulators, as well as adding features that other emulators lack. It also supports Game Boy and Game Boy Color games.
- - Highly accurate Game Boy Advance hardware support[<sup></sup>](#missing).
- - Game Boy/Game Boy Color hardware support.
- - Fast emulation. Known to run at full speed even on low end hardware, such as netbooks.
- - Qt and SDL ports for a heavy-weight and a light-weight frontend.
- - Local (same computer) link cable support.
- - Save type detection, even for flash memory size[<sup></sup>](#flashdetect).
- - Support for cartridges with motion sensors and rumble (only usable with game controllers).
- - Real-time clock support, even without configuration.
- - Solar sensor support for Boktai games.
- - Game Boy Camera and Game Boy Printer support.
- - A built-in BIOS implementation, and ability to load external BIOS files.
- - Turbo/fast-forward support by holding Tab.
- - Rewind by holding Backquote.
- - Frameskip, configurable up to 10.
- - Screenshot support.
- - Cheat code support.
- - 9 savestate slots. Savestates are also viewable as screenshots.
- - Video and GIF recording.
- - Remappable controls for both keyboards and gamepads.
- - Loading from ZIP and 7z files.
- - IPS, UPS and BPS patch support.
- - Game debugging via a command-line interface and GDB remote support, compatible with IDA Pro.
- - Configurable emulation rewinding.
- - Support for loading and exporting GameShark and Action Replay snapshots.
- - Cores available for RetroArch/Libretro and OpenEmu.
- - Many, many smaller things.
#### Game Boy mappers
The following mappers are fully supported:
The following mappers are partially supported:
- Pocket Cam
### Planned features
- Networked multiplayer link cable support.
- Dolphin/JOY bus link cable support.
- M4A audio mixing, for higher quality sound than hardware.
- Re-recording support for tool-assist runs.
- Lua support for scripting.
- A comprehensive debug suite.
- e-Reader support.
- Wireless adapter support.
Que novedades incluye la versión 0.7.2 See changelog
- GB: Fix HALT when IE and IF unused bits are set (fixes #1349)
- GB Timer: Fix timing adjustments when writing to TAC (fixes #1340)
- GB Video: Fix window y changing mid-window (fixes #1345)
- GB Video: Fix more window edge cases (fixes #1346)
- GBA: Fix RTC on non-standard sized ROMs (fixes #1400)
- GBA DMA: Fix DMA0-2 lengths (fixes #1344)
- GBA Memory: Fix writing to OBJ memory in modes 3 and 5
- GBA Memory: Prevent writing to mirrored BG VRAM (fixes #743)
- GBA Video: Fix scanline cache with scale factor change edge cases
- GBA Video: Fix sprite mosaic clamping (fixes #1008)
- GBA Video: Implement mosaic on transformed sprites (fixes #5)
- 3DS: Ensure core 2 can be used for threaded renderer (fixes #1371)
- All: Fix several memory leaks
- GB Core: Fix toggling WIN and OBJ being swapped
- GBA: Fix skipping BIOS on irregularly sized ROMs
- CMake: Fix .deb imagemagick dependencies
- FFmpeg: Improve initialization reliability and cleanup
- FFmpeg: Fix audio conversion producing gaps
- LR35902: Fix disassembly of several CB-prefix instructions
- LR35902: Fix trailing whitespace in disassembly
- Qt: More app metadata fixes
- Qt: Fix load recent from archive (fixes #1325)
- Qt: Fix overrides getting discarded (fixes #1354)
- Qt: Fix saved scale not getting set on resize (fixes #1074)
- Qt: Fix crash in sprite viewer magnification (fixes #1362)
- Qt: Fix adjusting magnification in tile viewer when not fitting to window
- Qt: Fix bounded fast forward with Qt Multimedia
- Qt: Fix saving settings with native FPS target
- Wii: Fix aspect ratio (fixes #500)
- Qt: Add missing HEVC NVENC option (fixes #1323)
- Qt: Improve camera initialization
- Vita: Improved frame drawing speed