Supports Full NOR Flash memory dumping on all models PS3 consoles using NOR.
So in short, never use the browser or set a homepage you cancel before running the exploit!
If you need to, set the homepage to 'blank', close the browser then reopen it to start the flash dumper
- Try using a LAN connection or a solid WiFi connection during exploitation. A weak signal can cause problems.
- If the exploit takes more than 5 minutes to work, reload page, browser, or restart console and try again.
- If you are using a LAN connection and experience network issues, make sure all cables to router are in working order.
- Setup a small Web server on pc or smartphone. A custom miniweb application has been created by Aldo, and supplied to host files if you would like to use it. Don't come to us for explanations about how to run a http server though. Google it.
- Extract the files from release to your http server root folder.
- Put a FAT32 USB key in port closest to BD Drive (/dev_usb000).
- DOUBLE-CHECK your flash drive on XMB to make sure it shows up under Music, Photos, Videos, etc.
- Open the ps3 browser, press start & write the ip address of your server (and the port if not 80).
- Click on the button and wait for PS3 to power down. DO NOT STOP THE PROCESS ONCE STARTED!!
- Once PS3 has powered down, the NOR flash memory dump can be found on the USB device in a file named 'dump.hex'.
- esc0rtd3w (Debugging, Research & Testing)
- Habib (ROP Chaining & Debugging)