A complete, cross-platform solution to record, convert and stream audio and video.
FFmpeg is the leading multimedia framework, able to decode, encode, transcode, mux, demux, stream, filter and play pretty much anything that humans and machines have created. It supports the most obscure ancient formats up to the cutting edge.
No matter if they were designed by some standards committee, the community or a corporation.
It is also highly portable: FFmpeg compiles, runs, and passes our testing infrastructure FATE across Linux, Mac OS X, Microsoft Windows, the BSDs, Solaris, etc. under a wide variety of build environments, machine architectures, and configurations.
It contains libavcodec, libavutil, libavformat, libavfilter, libavdevice, libswscale and libswresample which can be used by applications. As well as ffmpeg, ffplay and ffprobe which can be used by end users for transcoding and playing.
The FFmpeg project tries to provide the best technically possible solution for developers of applications and end users alike. To achieve this we combine the best free software options available. We slightly favor our own code to keep the dependencies on other libs low and to maximize code sharing between parts of FFmpeg. Wherever the question of "best" cannot be answered we support both options so the end user can choose.
Everyone is welcome in FFmpeg and all contributions are welcome too. We are happy to receive patches, pull requests, bug reports, donations or any other type of contribution.
Security is a high priority and code review is always done with security in mind. Though due to the very large amounts of code touching untrusted data security issues are unavoidable and thus we provide as quick as possible updates to our last stable releases when new security issues are found.
Que novedades incluye la versión 4.3.1 See changelog
- 018 2020-11-11: removed trasher from tools package
- 017 2020-11-11: added SHA-256 hashes on this and archives page and through API
- 016 2020-11-08: frei0r plugins removed from ffmpeg builds and released on Github only as a separate package
- 015 2020-11-02: changed to static links to mirrors on Github
- 014 2020-10-28: added OpenCL support to full builds
- 013 2020-10-28: added zmqsend to tools package
- 012 2020-10-25: Github mirror added; also added link to issue tracker under discussions
- 011 2020-10-18: added frei0r plugins to full builds
- 010 2020-10-14: added web query API
- 009 2020-10-14: added FFmpeg tools
- 008 2020-10-09: added discussion link to Videohelp
- 007 2020-10-04: libwavpack removed as ffmpeg has dropped support
- 006 2020-10-04: version info for release builds now includes date of last commit
- 005 2020-10-04: package compression format switched to 7z; release essentials is also available as ZIP
- 004 2020-09-27: added shared build of release full variant