NX Shell is a multi-purpose file manager for the Nintendo Switch that aims towards handling media files. NX Shell leans towards more of the file management features such as opening and managing various files types and includes the basic necessity of a standard file manager.
This program's design elements are clearly inspired by CyanogenMod/LineageOS's built in file manager, and so all credits towards the design go to the CyanogenMod/LineageOS contributors.
- Delete files and folders.
- Copy/Move files and folders.
- Rename files and folders (standard switch keyboard).
- Create files and folders (standard switch keyboard).
- Displays file size
- Image viewer (GIF, JPG, PNG, WEBP)
- Display animated GIFs.
- Extract various archives such as ZIP, RAR, 7Z, ISO 9660, AR, XAR and others supported by libarchive.
- Sorting options (Sort by name, date, size).
- Dark theme toggle.
- Audio playback. (Following formats are supported: FLAC, IT, MOD, MP3, OGG, OPUS, S3M and WAV)
- Touch screen in most cases.
- Preetisketch for some of the assets used as well as the banner.
- StevenMattera for the implementing the foundation of all touch-screen code.
- grimfang4 for the original SDL_FontCache headers.
- theMealena for CVE_gif*.
Que novedades incluye la versión 2.0
- Updated SDL_FontCache as well as SDL2 to latest revisions available.
Major music player changes:
- Added support for the following formats: IT, FLAC, MOD, OPUS, S3M and XM.
- All audio files now display timestamps (current and duration) as well as a progress bar.
- All audio formats display metadata (album, artist, title, etc) if found. Formats such as MP3, FLAC, OPUS will display a cover image if found.
- All audio formats are seekable via the touch screen. Simply drag your finger across the progress bar to select a location to seek to.
Implemented libarchive support:
- Allows for the extraction of .7z, AR, ISO 9660, RAR, ZIP, AR, XAR as well as some other formats supported by libarchive.
- Display a dialog asking for the user's confirmation before extracting an archive since some can take a while.
- Remove usbComm service initialization which wasn't used and caused a crash on FW 7.0X+.
- Properly make use of transparency when displaying dialogs, progress bars, and the menu bar.
- Added support for viewing .webp images.
- Default to 'No' for file deletion.
- Cleanup fake heap when setting a custom heap which caused RetroArch to crash if it was opened after closing NX-Shell.
- Display a simple error dialog for failed file system functions. (an error code as well as the function that failed would be displayed).
- Fixed use of blend mode under SDL2 which caused transparency issues in some cases.