NX Shell is a multi-purpose file manager for the Nintendo Switch that aims towards handling media files. NX Shell leans towards more of the file management features such as opening and managing various files types and includes the basic necessity of a standard file manager.
This program's design elements are clearly inspired by CyanogenMod/LineageOS's built in file manager, and so all credits towards the design go to the CyanogenMod/LineageOS contributors.
- Delete files and folders.
- Copy/Move files and folders.
- Rename files and folders (standard switch keyboard).
- Create files and folders (standard switch keyboard).
- Displays file size
- Image viewer (GIF, JPG, PNG, WEBP)
- Display animated GIFs.
- Extract various archives such as ZIP, RAR, 7Z, ISO 9660, AR, XAR and others supported by libarchive.
- Sorting options (Sort by name, date, size).
- Dark theme toggle.
- Audio playback. (Following formats are supported: FLAC, IT, MOD, MP3, OGG, OPUS, S3M and WAV)
- Touch screen in most cases.
- Preetisketch for some of the assets used as well as the banner.
- StevenMattera for the implementing the foundation of all touch-screen code.
- grimfang4 for the original SDL_FontCache headers.
- theMealena for CVE_gif*.
Que novedades incluye la versión 3.2.0
- Added support for extracting .ZIP archives.
- Fixed crashes when trying to exit the application after opening an image.
- Now uses Use libnsbmp to decode BMP files. (This fixes issues loading certain BMP files).
- Disabled window padding when displaying images so that the full screen images (1280x720) aren't bound to a scroll bar.
- Added a popup for viewing image properties such as filename, width and height. (Use the 'X' button to open this popup after opening an image).
- Added an option under settings to toggle filename display when viewing images.
- Added an option under settings to toggle logs. (Any failed FS functions will be logged if this option is enabled. Useful for debugging purposes). A restart of the application is required if this is enabled/disabled.
- Initial implementation of a text reader for reading logs/configs (eventually to evolve into to an editor).
- Many other under the hood changes/cleanups and consistency changes.