FreeDVDBoot 3.11

¿Quieres enterarte al momento de las nuevas descargas? Síguenos en Twitter o Mastodon!

PlayStation 2 DVD Player Exploit. This allows you to burn your own PlayStation 2 homebrew discs and play them on an unmodified console as seen in the demo video. With uLaunchELF as the initial program, users can include multiple homebrew programs on the same disc.

Step 1: Identify your DVD Player Version

Boot your PlayStation 2 without any disc inserted, and press Triangle to identify which DVD Player version your console has.

For initial release only DVD Player version 3.10E is supported (as that's the console I have) - UPDATE: someone tested 3.10E exploit on 3.10U and it worked, so I guess region doesn't matter. In the future I may look at other firmware versions, and hopefully over time other developers from the scene will also contribute support for additional DVD Player versions.

Pre-built ISO files for supported DVD Players containing just uLaunchELF are provided in this repository for ease of use (which can be used to boot homebrew over USB storage), such as 3.10E.iso. If you intend to make your own image containing additional homebrew / modified initial loader, please read on.

Step 2: Copy your homebrew

Once you've identified your console's DVD Player version, copy all of the homebrew you would like to include on the disc into that directory (EG: 3.10E/).

Step 3: Make an image

Once you've placed all the homebrew files you'd like into the directory, generate a UDF image of the directory. The easiest way is probably to install genisoimage and run the following (where exploit.iso is the output and 3.10E is the directory containing VIDEO_TS and any homebrew):

genisoimage -udf -o exploit.iso 3.10E

Step 4: Test and burn

I would recommend you test in PCSX2 first, but since PCSX2 doesn't support loading the DVD Player, you have to decrypt and repack it yourself, which is beyond the scope of this README. With that said, if you aren't touching anything in VIDEO_TS, there shouldn't really be any reason for the exploit to fail.

OPTIONAL: Replace the initial program

I've included uLaunchELF recompiled with DVD support as the default initial program. It presents a menu which allows you to select any of the homebrew programs you chose to include on the disc (and also allows booting from USB).

Alternatively, if you would rather just boot into a single homebrew application, the initial program the exploit attempts to boot is located at VIDEO_TS/VTS_02_0.IFO, replace it with your desired ELF file, with the below caveat that compatibility might be lower than if you booted a program through uLaunchELF:

For the initial release, I didn't bother to reimplement a couple of functions used by the loader, so it requires that the ELF you load doesn't overwrite those functions I use (those are around 0x84000 - 0x85fff and 0x250000 - 0x29ffff). I will probably remove this limitation in the future, but all ELFs I could find were fine with this limitation.

You can run readelf -l to verify your executable satisfies this requirement. For example, this Tetris homebrew just uses 0x00100000 - 0x0017a940:

$ readelf -l VTS_02_0.IFO Elf file type is EXEC (Executable file) Entry point 0x104490 There is 1 program header, starting at offset 52 Program Headers: Type Offset VirtAddr PhysAddr FileSiz MemSiz Flg Align LOAD 0x001000 0x00100000 0x00100000 0x72ef4 0x7a940 RWE 0x1000 Section to Segment mapping: Segment Sections... 00 .text .ctors .dtors .rodata .data .jcr .sdata .sbss .bss

DEVELOPMENT: Replacing the loader payload

The default payload will boot VIDEO_TS/VTS_02_0.IFO as an ELF file, but tweaks might be desired to improve compatibility, or maybe changing the behaviour to boot BOOT.ELF instead for instance.

If you wish to update the loader payload, run build.sh inside PAYLOAD directory, and copy the output fullpayload.bin to VIDEO_TS/VIDEO_TS.IFO at offset 0x2bb4 (for 3.10E).

by CTurt.

Que novedades incluye la versión 3.11

Released

• Now support 3.11E/U/J with English language set in settings.
  • Now support 3.04 (tested only region M in emulator so far, but guess all regions EUMACDGJ will work - with English language set in settings)

No te pierdas nada, síguenos en Twitter o Mastodon!
¿Tienes alguna duda, petición o aporte? Utiliza el foro!

• Crear nuevo...