It also allows using the gyro to control your mouse and remap the special buttons (SL, SR, Capture) to key bindings of your choice.
How to use
- Read the READMEs (they're there for a reason!)
- Run Drivers/ViGEmBus_Setup_1.16.116.exe
- Run BetterJoyForCemu.exe
- Connect your controllers.
Start Cemu and ensure CemuHook has the controller selected.
- If using Joycons, CemuHook will detect two controllers - each will give all buttons, but choosing one over the other just chooses preference for which hand to use for gyro controls.
Go into Input Settings, choose XInput as a source and assign buttons normally.
- If you don't want to do this for some reason, just have one input profile set up with Wii U Gamepad as the controller and enable "Also use for buttons/axes" under GamePad motion source. This is no longer required as of version 3
- Turn rumble up to 70-80% if you want rumble.
- As of version 3, you can use the pro controller and Joycons as normal xbox controllers on your PC - try it with Steam!
Connecting and Disconnecting the Controller
- Hold down the small button (sync) on the top of the controller for 5 seconds - this puts the controller into broadcasting mode.
- Search for it in your bluetooth settings and pair normally.
- To disconnect the controller - hold the home button (or capture button) down for 2 seconds (or press the sync button). To reconnect - press any button on your controller.
- Plug the controller into your computer.
Disconnecting [Windows 10]
- Go into "Bluetooth and other devices settings"
- Under the first category "Mouse, keyboard, & pen", there should be the pro controller.
- Click on it and a "Remove" button will be revealed.
- Press the "Remove" button
A massive thanks goes out to rajkosto for putting up with 17 emails and replying very quickly to my silly queries. The UDP server is also mostly taken from his ScpToolkit repo.
Also I am very grateful to mfosse for pointing me in the right direction and to Looking-Glass without whom I would not be able to figure anything out. (being honest here - the joycon code is his)
Many thanks to nefarius for his ViGEm project! Apologies and appreciation go out to epigramx, creator of WiimoteHook, for giving me the driver idea and for letting me keep using his installation batch script even though I took it without permission. Thanks go out to MTCKC for inspiration and batch files.
A last thanks goes out to dekuNukem for his documentation, especially on the SPI calibration data and the IMU sensor notes!
Icons (modified): "Switch Pro Controller", " Switch Detachable Controller Left", "Switch Detachable Controller Right" icons by Chad Remsing from the Noun Project. Super Nintendo Controller icon by Mark Davis from the the Noun Project; icon modified by Amy Alexander.
Que novedades incluye la versión 6.4a
An alpha (α) release of v6.4 - primarily to push the improved rumble out. This version gets rid of the annoying high-pitched rumble sounds that occurred at certain amplitudes.
α is because there is an "Add Controllers" option that hasn't been fully tested, but should allow (at least in theory) to add 3rd party Joycons and Pro Controllers.