NOTE 0: If you don't have an emummc, then note 1 does not apply for you. If you wonder if you should proceed without one or not, then you should consider leaving any and all switch modding over to your legal guardians.
NOTE 1: YES, payload.bin BOOTS YOUR EMUMMC IF YOU HAVE AN EMUMMC.INI INSIDE OF /emuMMC/, WHOEVER IS SPREADING MISINFORMATION ABOUT THAT YOU NEED HEKATE TO BOOT EMUMMC IS DOING THE ENTIRE SWITCH HOMEBREW COMMUNITY A DISSERVICE. PLEASE SCOLD WHOEVER TOLD YOU THAT, OR WHATEVER COMMUNITY IS SPREADING SUCH NONSENSE.
NOTE 2: the payload.bin provided MUST be used!
NOTE 3: Neither Tinfoil, or configurations for Tinfoil are included in this release.
NOTE 4: Your games / save games are not stored anywhere in any of the folders listed in step 0, stop asking if your games/savegames will be deleted.
How to use:
Make sure your sd card is fat32 formatted before starting!!
- Step 0: Delete the folders called "Atmosphere", "Sept" on the root of the sd card before proceeding.
- Step 1: Extract the contents of the archive called "atmosphere-0.11.1-neutos-7a0afe48+hbl-2.3.1+hbmenu-3.3.0.zip"
- Step 2A: Put the folders/files on the root of your sd card. (boot.dat, hbmenu.nro and any folder included)
- Step 2B: Overwrite everything if it prompts you to overwrite anything.
- Step 2C (optional): For users with SXOS hidden partition EmuNAND switching to NEUTOS, download emummc_configs_for_sxos_hidden_partition_emunand_users.zip from the NEUTOS latest release and extract the emummc folder to root of the SD.
- Step 3: Inject the RCM payload included called "payload.bin", the same way you usually inject anything else. (An "SX" branded dongle can be used for this step.)
- Step 4: You can now use Tinfoil 8+.
People who have "TX" branded dongles, and also have "Hidden partition emuNAND" setups should consider downloading the pre-configured emummc configurations to be able to keep using them, while also changing to this release instead of whatever inferior package "SXOS" consists of.
They can do so by downloading the "emummc_configs_for_sxos_hidden_partition_emunand_users.zip", extracting it and placing the "emummc" folder on their sd card. That's how quick and simple it is to change.
This is a modified 0.11.1 Atmosphere release nicknamed "NEUTOS", it has support for firmware versions up to and including 10.0, making it have support for Tinfoil 8+ out of the box. It contains the necessary changes for Tinfoil to be able to run.
Que novedades incluye la versión 0.12
- This release has the new prodinfo blanker (equivalent of "incognito") distributed as enabled by default for emuMMC. This setting can be disabled if you desire in exosphere.ini (located root)
- Revision 3 removes unnecessary files from the release archive, and those files will no longer be distributed with NEUTOS, a config tweak has also been made. (revision 3 specific: And also removed a configuration from being parsed after a complaint was made about how difficult it was to use it. )
- Revision 2 removes unnecessary files from the release archive, and those files will no longer be distributed with NEUTOS, a config tweak has also been made.
- if you have the previous 0.11.1 release, you don't have to get R1, it's mostly only cosmetic changes
- NEUTOS 0.11.1-R1 implements branding and a requested change sent to me, and also reduces boot time by 2 seconds.