This is yet another NES Emulator which was written so I can learn about the NES, right now it is not in the most "complete" or cleanest state.
If you want to check it out for some reason I do include a windows binary in the "Releases" tab, if you want to compile it see the compiling infos below.
- NTSC and PAL .nes ROMs are supported, it also creates .sav files if the chosen game supports saving. If you are starting a PAL NES title then make sure it has (E),(Europe),(PAL),(Australia),(France),(Germany),(Italy),(Spain) or (Sweden) in the filename to be started in PAL mode.
- You can also play FDS titles if you have the FDS BIOS named disksys.rom in the same folder as your .fds/.qd files.
- You can also listen to .nsf music files, changing tracks works by pressing left/right.
- To start a file, simply drag and drop it into the fixNES Application or call it via command line with the file as argument.
- You can also load from a .zip file, the first found supported file from that .zip will be used.
Supported .nes Mappers:
0,1,2,3,4,5,7,9,10,11,12,13,15,19,21,22,23,24,25,26,28,30,31,32,33,34,36,37,38,40,41,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,52,57,58,60,61,62,64,65,66,67,68,69,70,71,73,75,76,77,78,79,80,82,85,87,88,89,93,94,95,97,101,107,112,113,118,119,132,133,136,137,138,139,140,141,144,145,146,147,148,149,152,154,155,156,158,162,163,164,172,173,174,180,184,185,193,200,201,202,203,205,206,207,210,212,221,224,225,226,228,229,230,231,232,235,237,240 and 242.
Supported Audio Expansions (for both ROMs and NSF Files):
- VRC6, VRC7, FDS, MMC5, N163, Sunsoft 5B
Controls right now are keyboard only and do the following:
- Y/Z is A
- X is B
- A is Start
- S is select
- Arrow Keys is DPad
- Keys 1-9 integer-scale the window to number
- P is Pause
- Ctrl+R is Soft Reset
- B is Disk Switching (for FDS)
- O is Enable/Disable vertical Overscan
If you really want controller support and you are on windows, go grab joy2key, it works just fine with fixNES (and fixGB).