WinMD5Free is a tiny and fast utility to compute MD5 hash value for files. It works with Microsoft Windows 98, Me, 2000, XP, 2003, Vista and Windows 7/8/10.
As an Internet standard (RFC 1321), MD5 has been used in a wide variety of security applications, and is also commonly used to check the integrity of file, and verify download. WinMD5 is a small and easy tool to calculate md5 hash or checksum for different files (including files larger than 4 GB).
- Supports almost all Windows platforms including Microsoft Windows 95, 98, 2000, Me, XP, 2003, Vista, Windows 7, 8, and Windows 10.
- Fast and multi-threaded. It can compute a 2 GB file less than 1 minute.
- Supports big files larger than 4 GB.
- Low resource usage. It uses less than 5 MB RAM.
- Don’t require .NET runtime installed. It is a standalone EXE file and the startup is speedy. There are MD5 tools for Windows on the market, but most of them requires .NET runtime and they may take a few seconds to start. This is also the reason I wrote the program.
- Supports “Drag & Drop”. You may either select a file, or drag and drop a file to the program window to get the MD5 hash value.
- Supports verification of original MD5 value and current MD5 value.
- Most important, it is FREE. No spyware or adware bundle.
- Small size, an effective and tiny tool for data security.
This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
Author: Liang Ren.