A homebrew application for the Nintendo Switch used to manage titles.
- Create the directory /switch/tinfoil/ on your switch's SD card.
- Copy tinfoil.nro to /switch/tinfoil/tinfoil.nro.
- Obtain or generate a keys.txt file and place it in /switch/tinfoil/keys.txt. keys.txt is a text file containing various Switch encryption keys. If you plan to generate you can use kezplez-nx
Supports installing from the local SD card. Use the URI sdmc:/ to point to the SD card. Subdirectories also work, for example sdmc://nsps/.
Regular FTP, not FTPS, not SFTP, normal plain jane FTP.
HTTP requires directory listing / browsing be enabled.
SX USB Mass Storage Device / Hard Drive
Requires SX OS 2.2.1+. Attach the hard drive before you launch Tinfoil. Tinfoil will automatically scan the root directory, any subdirectories must be added to locations.conf. Does not currently support hot swap.
Requires a configured nut server. See here for details.
Requires a configured nut server. See here for details. Always ensure you are running the latest NUT server with Tinfoil.
I see my network locations, however no files are listed
Either Tinfoil cannot cannot connect with the network settings provided, you are using http and did not enable directory browsing, your firewall is blocking the connection.
- Ensure that you can connect to the FTP/HTTP/NUT server using the provided settings from a different PC than the one running the server.
- Tinfoil does not support sub directories, so each directory must point to the exact directory the NSP's are located in.
- Ensure your firewall is allowing external connections. Configure or disable your firewall.
- If using HTTP, ensure that directory listing / browsing is enabled. This must be manually enabled with IIS.
I can see the files, but cannot download them.
- If using HTTP, verify that you can download the file using a web browser. IIS requires you to add a MIME type for NSP (application/octet-stream) before you can download.
Tinfoil Hangs at startup I launch it
- Tinfoil blocks on USB wait if you have your switch connected to a PC upon boot, that is not running a USB Nut server.
Que novedades incluye la versión 8.10 r36
- Added game cartridge installation.
- Bug fixes
- Fixed bug where Animal Crossing New Horizons game save restores would "succeed" but the game would report corrupted save. Previous backups are good, only restore failed.
- Fixed bug where Animal Crossing New Horizons game save/restore failed.
- Fixed usbfs and other misc bugs.
- Misc fixes.
- Misc fixes.
- Fixed some gdrive issues.
- This application does not work with Kosmos or Hekate. If you receieve an error trying to load the application, please uninstall Kosmos and Hekate and use vanilla Atmosphere or SX OS.
- Misc fixes.
- Added Retroarch ROM launching.
- Improved gdrive support.
- General font and translation improvements.
- Added option to preload icons.
- Added Help section.
- Added "Recommended" section.
- Added "Parental Mode" for filtering content and features for young children.
- Fixed issue writing to gdrive (requires Nut server or SX Server update).
- Fixed issue creating dropbox directories.
- Fixed issue not being able to b-button-exit when using title override instead of forwarder.
- Removed tickets window.
- Fixed occasional crash when trying to install games that have corrupted metadata.
- Fixed bug where update cache was never cleared. Manually delete sdmc:/switch/tinfoil/cache/ to upgrade using the built in installer (6.10 and earlier).
- Added support for 9.1.0.
- Enhanced stability.
- Added ability to re-arrange locations.
- Added support for "blocked" NSZ installation.
- Fixed USBHDD.
- Included auto-install-forwarder and blocked applet mode due to memory constraints.
- Added shutdown screen so you can safely exit the application from title mode.
- Automatically resets required version upon install.
- Blocked the installation of all modified DLC and Updates with no way to bypass.
- Improved rendering performance.
- Fixed bug that allowed users to install 9.0 encrypted titles on lower firmwares.
- Disabled remembering "standard crypto" option to prevent users from leaving that enabled.
- Input is now accepted from all controllers, not just player one.