A homebrew application for the Nintendo Switch used to manage titles.
- Create the directory /switch/tinfoil/ on your switch's SD card.
- Copy tinfoil.nro to /switch/tinfoil/tinfoil.nro.
- Obtain or generate a keys.txt file and place it in /switch/tinfoil/keys.txt. keys.txt is a text file containing various Switch encryption keys. If you plan to generate you can use kezplez-nx
Supports installing from the local SD card. Use the URI sdmc:/ to point to the SD card. Subdirectories also work, for example sdmc://nsps/.
Regular FTP, not FTPS, not SFTP, normal plain jane FTP.
HTTP requires directory listing / browsing be enabled.
SX USB Mass Storage Device / Hard Drive
Requires SX OS 2.2.1+. Attach the hard drive before you launch Tinfoil. Tinfoil will automatically scan the root directory, any subdirectories must be added to locations.conf. Does not currently support hot swap.
Requires a configured nut server. See here for details.
Requires a configured nut server. See here for details. Always ensure you are running the latest NUT server with Tinfoil.
I see my network locations, however no files are listed
Either Tinfoil cannot cannot connect with the network settings provided, you are using http and did not enable directory browsing, your firewall is blocking the connection.
- Ensure that you can connect to the FTP/HTTP/NUT server using the provided settings from a different PC than the one running the server.
- Tinfoil does not support sub directories, so each directory must point to the exact directory the NSP's are located in.
- Ensure your firewall is allowing external connections. Configure or disable your firewall.
- If using HTTP, ensure that directory listing / browsing is enabled. This must be manually enabled with IIS.
I can see the files, but cannot download them.
- If using HTTP, verify that you can download the file using a web browser. IIS requires you to add a MIME type for NSP (application/octet-stream) before you can download.
Tinfoil Hangs at startup I launch it
- Tinfoil blocks on USB wait if you have your switch connected to a PC upon boot, that is not running a USB Nut server.
Que novedades incluye la versión 1.57
- Tinfoil is for more advanced users, Lithium is more lightweight with less metadata.
- Added XCI installation (does not work with Hekate / Kosmos unless you chainload fusee primary)
- Added on-the-fly standard crypto install (does not work with Hekate / Kosmos unless you chainload fusee primary)
- Standard crypto conversion hard drops minimum firmware requirement
- Added socket.json for fine tuning socket settings
- Added system firmware version check before installing
- Fixed bug where Standard Crypto did not work on lower firmwares
- Added google drive directory and file support
- Added ability to delete USB location to prevent hang with USB cable connected
- Fixed "Failed to register NCA" error that some people receieved with XCI installs
- Plugging in USB cable wthout Nut no longer hangs Tinfoil
- Added google drive paging support
- Faster boot time
- Added ability to reset minimum version nag (Thanks Amoo!)
- Added eShop icon override for launching Tinfoil (Thanks TotlaJustice!)
- Can login to tinfoil.io account. Ability to setup locations, list your installed version, and queuing installs from the website coming soon!
- Does not work with Kosmos / Hekate
- Fixed logo centering
- Fixed missing progress meter
- Fixed bug where older updates would sometimes install when newer ones were available
- Added ability to boot with a modified version of Hekate that has cmac patches
- ReiNX and SX users do not get the nag, even if Hekate is detected
- If you use Hekate or Kosmos, you must run this build of Hekate to use Tinfoil / Lithium